• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

I took a look. I think $18,000 is a little bit of a crazy ask for his work.

As much as I love his style, I wouldn't feel comfortable paying that much for the pieces he has listed.

I feel like truthfully he probably doesn't want to part ways with the originals since its his legacy but if someone is willing to pay over 10k for a piece of paper he wont say no

8 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

I feel like truthfully he probably doesn't want to part ways with the originals since its his legacy but if someone is willing to pay over 10k for a piece of paper he wont say no

He could always draw another one? (shrug)

13 hours ago, NamesJay said:

I took a look. I think $18,000 is a little bit of a crazy ask for his work.

As much as I love his style, I wouldn't feel comfortable paying that much for the pieces he has listed.

Completely agree.  JSC knows how to ride that supply and demand wave better than just about anyone in the industry, but that is some sticker shock for brand new work.  

9 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

Completely agree.  JSC knows how to ride that supply and demand wave better than just about anyone in the industry, but that is some sticker shock for brand new work.  

I suppose you could call it that . . . :whistle:

Edited by divad

6 hours ago, BoBe-Patt said:

Got my copies of TWD #19 JSC Variants. I'm just missing one more black and white cover to complete my second set and there's a 1:100 Sketch cover that will hard to get and expensive.

It looks like you have the black & white virgin variant. The pencil sketch virgin is the presumed 1:100. There are 5 covers total.

Edited by ygogolak

7 hours ago, BoBe-Patt said:

Got my copies of TWD #19 JSC Variants. I'm just missing one more black and white cover to complete my second set and there's a 1:100 Sketch cover that will hard to get and expensive.

IMG_6664.jpg

My favorite is the regular colour one with the title on it. The virgin looks empty on top, and I just don't care for b&w versions of colourized books. Which is your favourite? 

2 minutes ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

My favorite is the regular colour one with the title on it. The virgin looks empty on top, and I just don't care for b&w versions of colourized books. Which is your favourite? 

I completely agree. It looks more like whats its swiping. The others are ok too, but color trade dress is best. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It looks like you have the black & white virgin variant. The pencil sketch virgin is the presumed 1:100. There are 5 covers total.

Oh right that's what I meant, the Blank and White VIRGIN variant. Thanks for the correction.

1 hour ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Well after I found out that there was a 1:100 sketch, I would say that would be my favorite as I am a big sucker for anything sketch cover by my favorite artists.

8 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I completely agree. It looks more like whats its swiping. The others are ok too, but color trade dress is best. (thumbsu

Yeah, the problem with virgins like this is that the cover art was create to accommodate the trade dress, so they look out of whack without it due to the large empty spaces in the layout.

Does anyone know what the breakdown was for the WD #19 Campbell covers other than the 1:100 pencil sketch cover? It seems like the B&W sketch and both virgin variants are plentiful for all covers.

3 hours ago, SearchForSpidey said:

From Legacy Comics.

255D84A4-42BA-4ACB-97C1-A6BE40AE0D4D.jpeg

Thanks. Looks like I did close to expected on the 20 copy order of #1 (10 regular, 6 color virgin, 3 B&W, 1 B&W virgin), did one book better than expected with my 20 copy order of #19 (9 regular, 4 B&W, 5 Color Virgin, 2 B&W Virgin), and lucked out with the 5 copies of #7 - two regular, two Color Virgin, one B&W virgin.

Edited by kimik