• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fair Warning and to be up front, I think you still have to pay Campbell's grading fee. When you pay Campbell for his signature, you have to say whether it is for grading etc, so at least yours' is numbered..... so if he'll authenticate that, your's will at least be different from others with a "Blue Label Raw Copy" paying for his sig and grading fee..... 

Oh ok. That's cool with me. Thanks! I'm already looking where he'll be signing haha xD I'd rather do it in person. Would be so awesome if he would do that. For sure, it would be better to really authenticate, and keep. I don't think I should try to sell it.

4 minutes ago, rturr said:

Oh ok. That's cool with me. Thanks! I'm already looking where he'll be signing haha xD I'd rather do it in person. Would be so awesome if he would do that. For sure, it would be better to really authenticate, and keep. I don't think I should try to sell it.

I would check with CGC on that. I didn't think they would do a yellow label for anything previously purchased and signed. I think at JSC's booth you can get CGC to come witness you buying one of his signed comics, but Im not sure they would do that for something previously purchased. Maybe Im wrong. The whole point to the yellow label is that it was "witnessed".

Edited by kevhtx

5 minutes ago, kevhtx said:
9 minutes ago, rturr said:

I would check with CGC on that. I didn't think they would do a yellow label for anything previously purchased and signed. I know at JSC's booth, I think you can get CGC to come witness you buying one of his signed comics, but Im not sure they would do that for something previously purchased. Maybe Im wrong. The whole point to the yellow label is that it was "witnessed".

I know they can sign a form because NealAdams does it all the time, it WOULD be better to call CGC and or double check with a facilitator on the boards as to whether they will have those forms at the show, I also could have sworn that people said they did it and posted about it on the boards. 

Always double check though, wouldn't want you to go through all that effort. Maybe it is a form that you could print out @Artboy99 seems like I remember you saying something or knew someone that had done their own sketch covers. 

Hopefully I'm not in left field here  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
12 minutes ago, kevhtx said:
16 minutes ago, rturr said:

I would check with CGC on that. I didn't think they would do a yellow label for anything previously purchased and signed. I know at JSC's booth, I think you can get CGC to come witness you buying one of his signed comics, but Im not sure they would do that for something previously purchased. Maybe Im wrong. The whole point to the yellow label is that it was "witnessed".

I know they can sign a form because NealAdams does it all the time, it WOULD be better to call CGC and or double check with a facilitator on the boards as to whether they will have those forms at the show, I also could have sworn that people said they did it and posted about it on the boards. 

Always double check though, wouldn't want you to go through all that effort. Maybe it is a form that you could print out @Artboy99 seems like I remember you saying something or knew someone that had done their own sketch covers. 

Hopefully I'm not in left field here  :shy:

Ok lol I had a little break and called CGC and spoke to Dean at CGC.... to get the in's and out's

If cgc is also attending the convention that Campbell is at, they said swing by the CGC booth and they will provide the form for Campbell to sign..... :foryou:

You can only get the form at the CGC booth, and from what I was told is available at the con so it can be done!

Leg Work for the Win 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ok lol I had a little break and called CGC and spoke to Dean at CGC.... to get the in's and out's

If cgc is also attending the convention that Campbell is at, they said swing by the CGC booth and they will provide the form for Campbell to sign..... :foryou:

You can only get the form at the CGC booth, and from what I was told is available at the con so it can be done!

Leg Work for the Win 

:headbang::foryou:(thumbsu:grin: and all the other cool/thankful smileys!!!! hahah lol Oh man, awesome, thanks so much ADAM-  ^^ 

This better not happen though:

Me- JSC sign this, please?   JSC- I didn't do that.  xD No, but really cool, looking frwd to doing this. This is like my major/top variant.

1 hour ago, rturr said:

:headbang::foryou:(thumbsu:grin: and all the other cool/thankful smileys!!!! hahah lol Oh man, awesome, thanks so much ADAM-  ^^ 

This better not happen though:

Me- JSC sign this, please?   JSC- I didn't do that.  xD No, but really cool, looking frwd to doing this. This is like my major/top variant.

Couldn't find any word of a con with him yet, but he and AH are doing a signing in Las Vegas on the 18th!

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Leg Work for the Win 

hm Would JSC charge his CGC signature fee to sign the paper?

On 11/7/2018 at 11:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fair Warning and to be up front, I think you still have to pay Campbell's grading fee. When you pay Campbell for his signature, you have to say whether it is for grading etc, so at least yours' is numbered..... so if he'll authenticate that, your's will at least be different from others with a "Blue Label Raw Copy" paying for his sig and grading fee..... 

That sounds fair.  He has the right to decide what he wants to do with/how he wants to sell his signatures.  

2 minutes ago, kav said:

That sounds fair.  He has the right to decide what he wants to do with/how he wants to sell his signatures.  

At least Campbell is cool about it in that it is numbered or such, idk, at least there is some uniqueness since this person seemingly may pay twice... buying off the site and then in person. 

I'm not saying it's right or that I would do it, but sounds like the boardie got it thrown in "extra" by Campbell when ordering.... so it is marketing that is winning out if it is graded and numbered in a yellow slab label... Campbell "should" be willing to do it as it benefits Campbell to reward a customer that bought straight from the artist for a change. 

Seems every artist has their own plan or way of doing things...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

At least Campbell is cool about it in that it is numbered or such, idk, at least there is some uniqueness since this person seemingly may pay twice... buying off the site and then in person. 

I'm not saying it's right or that I would do it, but sounds like the boardie got it thrown in "extra" by Campbell when ordering.... so it is marketing that is winning out if it is graded and numbered in a yellow slab label... Campbell "should" be willing to do it as it benefits Campbell to reward a customer that bought straight from the artist for a change. 

Seems every artist has their own plan or way of doing things...

I think of it this way-its his creation he gets to decide how it's used/how much to charge.  If someone wanted to purchase my drawing and print it in Hustler magazine, no, I dont want my drawing in hustler magazine.  Or an artist could charge more for that use as opposed to reader's digest.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I think of it this way-its his creation he gets to decide how it's used/how much to charge.  If someone wanted to purchase my drawing and print it in Hustler magazine, no, I dont want my drawing in hustler magazine.  Or an artist could charge more for that use as opposed to reader's digest.

I agree it's up to the artist what they want to charge, or how they go about it. It just seems every artist is different. I don't mind or have a dog in the fight lol I respect the artist enough that if I'm wanting to be their customer, I should play by their rules. I just don't like not finding out until I'm in front of them. They have past experiences of customers, while I don't have any frame of reference. As every artist is different, it makes it awkward if rules change or it's a first meeting. I usually just drop off with a facilitator and let them handle the details. It's all a bit new to me.  :shy:

38 minutes ago, kav said:

Boom. He's not travelling to get our autographs.

People can push back by not paying the toll, if enough people stop paying the toll, the market will correct itself 2c

7 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
48 minutes ago, kav said:

Boom. He's not travelling to get our autographs.

People can push back by not paying the toll, if enough people stop paying the toll, the market will correct itself 2c

It really is that simple, I like signature series, but if an artist gets too pricey, I just move on or save for it. 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It really is that simple, I like signature series, but if an artist gets too pricey, I just move on or save for it. 

Sometimes the simple things get lost with too much cerebration.