• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, kimik said:

This Captain Marvel set is a nice one. It will sell out fast tomorrow........

Agreed.  The set looks good.  Asides from my aforementioned quibble about not having a pixie cut (to help distinguish) the modern look, my only other complaint is cover E.  Don't get me wrong, I love the look.  I just wish he had figured out a way to actually make her look like a Colonel.

https://jscottcampbell.com/collections/jsc-exclusive-covers/products/captain-marvel-1-j-scott-campbell-exclusive?utm_source=J+Scott+Campbell+VIP+List&utm_campaign=73f0ee094b-CAPTAIN_MARVEL_1_TEASER_2018_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d5c14a603b-73f0ee094b-438611853&goal=0_d5c14a603b-73f0ee094b-438611853&mc_cid=73f0ee094b&mc_eid=076827f24c

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think the extra Christmas print is free too, I'll try to post a pic...

ships free with all orders from Nov 22nd to the New Year.... not coffee, it was an ugly Christmas sweater print...

Campbell Ugly Christmas Sweater Print 2018 free with order.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, Avi said:

Kinda mad the 5 book captain marvel set is MORE expensive than the 6 book Xmen set! 

I'm torn between trying for the signed 5 book set or the unsigned.  I know that many here prefer the unsigned so that they can CGC them later.  But just based on future resale potential (I'm not planning on submitting these to CGC), what does everyone think would be better to try for?

49 minutes ago, Avi said:

Kinda mad the 5 book captain marvel set is MORE expensive than the 6 book Xmen set! 

All six UXM books had a print run of 2300 each

Captain Marvel -

Cover A: Current Costume, limited to 2,800 copies
Cover B: Warbird costume w/sash, limited to 2,300 copies
Cover C: Golden Era, limited to 1,250 copies
Cover D: Binary, limited to 1,250 copies
Cover E: Fighter Pilot, limited to 1,250 copies

A is a traditional print run, B is lower, but C through E are practically half the run of the UXM set. There's the reason for the price difference. You're paying an extra $105 unsigned for C - E in the five cover set, which is $35 per book.

Edited by BeachBum

Wow. Glad I was there right at the bell and had my order through in 30 seconds or less. 

There are still signed sets available if anyone wants them. They will not last long now.......

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

Wow. Glad I was there right at the bell and had my order through in 30 seconds or less. 

There are still signed sets available if anyone wants them. They will not last long now.......

soldout too

Edited by williamblood

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

Nice. I went back to snag a signed set as well just in case. 

The singles of Cover A at $15 apiece are tempting. Those will be quick sellers at $50 CDN at the spring shows right around/just after the movie drops.

cover A will do well unsigned at con season when cast makes rounds