• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Catwomancomics said:
4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've been reorganizing, and have been coming across acres of books I'd love to get signed, but are not worth the price.

Sigh.

Just get a hand full of your favs done.

Still not worth the price tag. We're talking junk like Gen 13 #1 variants that no one wants. I missed my opportunity to get all 14 SSd, and now....there's no way. So, I'll just have to find them already done on eBay, and pay less than cost, which is dumb, and helps no one but me.

I literally got 6 emails from JSC Collectibles this weekend.  Maybe if he lowered his prices, I would actually open them.  As of now, it feels like he's oversaturated the market with his stuff that i'd rather just wait for the books to hit the second hand market, drop in price and then buy what I like for less than the initial sales price.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

I literally got 6 emails from JSC Collectibles this weekend.  Maybe if he lowered his prices, I would actually open them.  As of now, it feels like he's oversaturated the market with his stuff that i'd rather just wait for the books to hit the second hand market, drop in price and then buy what I like for less than the initial sales price.

I did too, I look at the emails but never click to follow through to price :eek:

once I saw the 9.9's, I was waiting to hear if the prices were extravagant.....

19 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Oh yea, he "found" some in the "warehouse".

3 hours ago, devald said:

Only one blue label 9.8 added to the census since 2011 and this is it.

No doubt this sale of a 9.4 from yesterday for $3k ferreted it out ("view original item")...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Danger-Girl-2-Ruby-Red-Smoking-Gun-CGC-9-4-NM-Rare/113729758186?hash=item1a7ad263ea:g:rfkAAOSw5tNcSpAU

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 4/29/2019 at 3:57 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Only one blue label 9.8 added to the census since 2011 and this is it.

No doubt this sale of a 9.4 from yesterday for $3k ferreted it out ("view original item")...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Danger-Girl-2-Ruby-Red-Smoking-Gun-CGC-9-4-NM-Rare/113729758186?hash=item1a7ad263ea:g:rfkAAOSw5tNcSpAU

-J.

4k, really... sweet cover.

I'm bummed about it just being a virgin cover for the 1:500 too. I'll spend money on new artwork, but not Virgin with just the trade dress not superimposed....actually, I have up til now only been getting his MJ or Black covers with the Amazing Spider-Man Trade dress...but I'm going to have to rethink this as he said that he has 10 Black Cat covers in the works.....hope they don't break the budget

I wanna buy his Black Cat #1 set coming out, but I feel like I keep getting burned by re-releases and re-re-releases on some of these books where more and more cover options come out. Yeah, I save a tiny bit of money on the front end, but I also like to buy 2 sets and then flip one to help offset the cost. And unless you're Johnny-on-the-spot these days, that doesn't really work any more since "selling out" on the first day rarely actually means it's sold out.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did too, I look at the emails but never click to follow through to price :eek:

once I saw the 9.9's, I was waiting to hear if the prices were extravagant.....

I was interested until I saw the price- $500+

8 minutes ago, AnthaiHERO said:

Has this been shown yet? 

FB_IMG_1557456192278.jpg

Not in this thread, but yeah, he said he did 10 exclusives for this issue, 4 on his site, 1 on comicxposure, 1 one ssalefishcomics and not sure where the other 4 ended up..