• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2019 at 5:40 PM, NamesJay said:

Wonder Woman covers still available. Never a good sign when they stick around over 2 days.

The wonder woman covers are not that great IMHO. That is likely why they are sitting this long. His Harley set was better.

2 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I also think people have realized there's virtually no flipping value left in JSC exclusives.

Online, yes. At shows they sell well for $40 - $60 apiece, depending on the cover, since he charges more from his booth.........

On 12/6/2019 at 7:15 AM, Oskywalker said:

Mail call today from CGC. Actually I submitted 2 comics through my LCS to compare the turn around times compared to submit by myself. Now on, I definitely will submit by my own. It took 4 months to get my comics back from my LCS and 1.5 months when I submitted myself.

Now what is killing me, is a hair inside the slab. In this case CGC quality control was nonexistent. I'm really disappointed because my LCS didn't care, and send the comic back to me as is, without telling me first about this. 

But anyway, I guess I will contact CGC for a rehold.

On the other hand I'm very happy with my third copy of ASM 18 Decomixado CGC 9.8.

Your LCS probably didn't even see the hair.

It's happened to me before. They reslabbed it at no cost when I sent it in with some other books.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, ygogolak said:

Your LCS probably didn't even see the hair.

It's happened to me before. They reslabbed it at no cost when I sent it in with some other books.

Yeah, it's possible they didn't check.

Anyways, I contacted CGC and they're taking care of it.

20 hours ago, kimik said:

He has 6 book mystery boxes up right now on the website for $80. I am surprised they did not sell out ASAP as well.

Tax and shipping add another $22 to that for me for a total of $102. For the flippers, if I assumed $20 per comic minus 15% Ebay/PayPal fees, that leaves me $0 in profit. Most likely the personal collection fans already have the ones they want.

If you just add one to your order with other books the shipping is lower. That being said, these variants are an easy $40-$60 sale at shows. Selling them online after they have cooled off does not make sense since there are always sellers looking to dump them. 

23 minutes ago, kimik said:

If you just add one to your order with other books the shipping is lower. That being said, these variants are an easy $40-$60 sale at shows. Selling them online after they have cooled off does not make sense since there are always sellers looking to dump them. 

If people are stupid enough to spend $40 at a con on a book they can readily get for $20 online, that's on them. A vast majority of JSC's online buyers aren't flipping at cons though.

Edited by Tnexus

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

If people are stupid enough to spend $40 at a con on a book they can readily get for $20 online, that's on them. A vast majority of JSC's online buyers aren't flipping at cons though.

It depends. When you factor in shipping is it really that much cheaper?

On 12/31/2019 at 10:58 AM, IbukiLord said:

Found this at the LCS, was cover price and it didn't look like most Campbell's I have bought so though it would be a nice addition to the collection, from what I've seen online it looks to be a pretty hard comic to find as it was a 1:35 or something like that.

zGIy0Cu.jpg

Nice find!

41 minutes ago, Oskywalker said:

Mail call.

I can't afford Wolverine #1, but Deadpool kills Marvel Universe 2 second print is a good proxi.

20200114_102406.jpg

20200114_115111.jpg

Looooove that superior spider-man ... my first graded campbell book

Here's a great clip showing that being drawn,