• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I'm a bit confused with this auction for ASM Renew Your Vows 1. When I first saw it I thought I'd keep an eye on it to see if I could get a deal on a 9.6, since the last couple of universal 9.6s went for around $100. But it's already over $200. So I looked up the last SS 9.6, and it ended at about $250, and the one before that ended at $384! Since when did Campbell's signature command that much more than a non-signed book? Especially for a 9.6? 

8 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I'm a bit confused with this auction for ASM Renew Your Vows 1. When I first saw it I thought I'd keep an eye on it to see if I could get a deal on a 9.6, since the last couple of universal 9.6s went for around $100. But it's already over $200. So I looked up the last SS 9.6, and it ended at about $250, and the one before that ended at $384! Since when did Campbell's signature command that much more than a non-signed book? Especially for a 9.6? 

Shill bid...

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=202878470469&bidtid=1870502862010&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

6 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

If it's a shill bid, it's news to me. My auction.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it is related to you. It could be someone else driving up the price so they can sell theirs. 4 feedback and all of their bids are on your item. Let us know if you get paid. Thanks.

Edited by ygogolak

18 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It doesn't necessarily mean that it is related to you. It could be someone else driving up the price so they can sell theirs. 4 feedback and all of their bids are on your item. Let us know if you get paid. Thanks.

Ended and paid. I think the shilling argument is used too often. Im sure it happens, but seems to be the default go to.

4 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Ended and paid. I think the shilling argument is used too often. Im sure it happens, but seems to be the default go to.

Congratulations. I think if anyone who understands the process saw these stats they would think otherwise though.

Bidder Information
Bidder: s.gif5***us.gif( 4 ) s.gif
Item description: s.gifItem Title: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS 1 2015 CGC 9.6 SIGNED J SCOTT CAMPBELL 1:50
Bids on this item: s.gif10
s.gif
30-Day Summary
Total bids: s.gif10
Items bid on: s.gif1
Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif100% s.gifHelp
Bid retractions: s.gif0
Bid retractions (6 months): s.gif0

16 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Maybe so. I think what skewed this one possibly was there were a bunch of sales with Stan Lee's autograph ($400-500). If you look at the current prices for this signed and unsigned, 9.6 and 9.8 out there now, it isn't real odd.

IMG_0865.thumb.jpg.8e370267918d355dd0f452adf043b8eb.jpg

Plus that bidder had 0 retractons, they were just new, and they probably only hit BIN and then bid on your auction.

No retractions so I don't think it's a still, they won and paid