• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, kimik said:

The Black Cat piece on Clink finished at $7,566. Is that a good or low price for it? I was thinking it would finish in the $8-$10K range. 

I think if it was the original version of that art that appeared on superior Spider-Man 20, it would have flirted with or even surpassed the $10k mark.

-J.

19 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I think if it was the original version of that art that appeared on superior Spider-Man 20, it would have flirted with or even surpassed the $10k mark.

-J.

Agreed. I think the one that sold is frankly one of his worst for the character.

5 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Agreed. I think the one that sold is frankly one of his worst for the character.

Right.  Basically $7k+ for re-purposed art for his own store.  The more I think about it, the more I think it was actually a solid result for what it is.  (And the statue they showed in the listing for reference was for SSM 20, not the cover they were selling.)

-J.  

14 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Right.  Basically $7k+ for re-purposed art for his own store.  The more I think about it, the more I think it was actually a solid result for what it is.  (And the statue they showed in the listing for reference was for SSM 20, not the cover they were selling.)

-J.  

not quite. the OA auctioned was for the statue. the head tilt positions for SS20 and this are different

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-black-cat-sideshow-collectibles-200232

also the OA is the same as the amazing spiderman 14 variants which were based off of his sideshow statue designs.

9 minutes ago, devald said:

not quite. the OA auctioned was for the statue. the head tilt positions for SS20 and this are different

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-black-cat-sideshow-collectibles-200232

also the OA is the same as the amazing spiderman 14 variants which were based off of his sideshow statue designs.

I suppose.... the lack of the cat on the side of the left on the statue throws me.  

I still think the SSM 20 artwork, which this is obviously essentially a re-do of, would have commanded more.

-J.

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I suppose.... the lack of the cat on the side of the left on the statue throws me.  

I still think the SSM 20 artwork, which this is obviously essentially a re-do of, would have commanded more.

-J.

I also think the SS20 would've brought in more. but yea two different pieces

Its imaginary heels (:

I always think his drawings are cool, but she's a twig.... so much so that her skin tight clothes are still loose and bunch up in "areas"...