• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I kind of agree. Not one of my faves of his either. But it does look really nice next to my ASM 194. I do really like that there is more background detail than the original, but still, it is my opinion that he was limited to doing the perspective of the original artist, instead of using his own exaggerated perspective, and that is what is stopping me from liking it more. And that's my 2 pennies.

I've been collecting his work since his Gen 13 days. At one point i created an online website and checklist in the early 2000's and had every book he ever worked on.

I think i have one of the biggest Campbell collections but have given up trying to track down all the 1 in 50 variants.

Finally got to meet him in 2013. Really looking forward to his Black Widow statue.

I'd love to see some pics. I've seen a checklist of his work online , it must have been yours.

Probably. I know i did the first comprehensive one by going through my collection and then other people took it over and updated it.

Sadly i don't have any pics to share as my collection is in need of serious organizing.

I would definetly recommend picking up his art books from his website if you are a fan. The new Marvel art volume 2 is beautiful with a "holographic type" cover.

Inhuman #1 JSC, Nei, Charles Soule, Joe Madureira

AC25827A-780F-4D1D-B067-859A54E7CDA8_zpsvc3gluyz.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #4 Sketch and Color

JSC, Nei, Humberto Ramos, Victor Olezaba, Edgar Delgado, Dan Slott

9C69B7D1-AD41-468B-89BB-378ED900DD24_zps6sjd7rtx.jpg

Man, I still need to get a copy of the Inhuman #1...very nice cover.

OMG that Inhuman #1?!?!?!?!?!?!

AH! I need that!

I have never seen that cover!

I'm guessing these are pricey. Were they a 1:10?

The Inhuman cover I believe was 1:50 and normally you can pick-up a blue label 9.8 for around $100 -$150 range or so, and maybe a raw in the high $50's. As for signed I have seen them go signed by Campbell in the $150 range. I honestly believe mine has the most signatures on it of any other but for now am not interested in parting with it. Really enjoying the Inhuman story line even though I really want Blackbolt to become a bigger part.

The Amazing Spider-Man's though are another story and am willing to part with them for the right price. Again still believe they both are the most signed copies. I've seen a few single signature signed by JSC but nothing like these.

OMG that Inhuman #1?!?!?!?!?!?!

AH! I need that!

I have never seen that cover!

I'm guessing these are pricey. Were they a 1:10?

The Inhuman cover I believe was 1:50 and normally you can pick-up a blue label 9.8 for around $100 -$150 range or so, and maybe a raw in the high $50's. As for signed I have seen them go signed by Campbell in the $150 range. I honestly believe mine has the most signatures on it of any other but for now am not interested in parting with it. Really enjoying the Inhuman story line even though I really want Blackbolt to become a bigger part.

The Amazing Spider-Man's though are another story and am willing to part with them for the right price. Again still believe they both are the most signed copies. I've seen a few single signature signed by JSC but nothing like these.

It's on my list.

Must...Have...It...