• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Have any of those BP 1's lasted more than 10 min? I only ever see them in the sold section.

bought my copy for $4 last year. I did pick up copies since then from a local comic shop owner. Didn't pay $4 but also didn't pay $400.

I checked eBay, noticed sold listings for it. My app never alerted me.

With that said, Overpriced IMO. I'll gladly trade for a black cat #1 or siege 3 :)lol

Have any of those BP 1's lasted more than 10 min? I only ever see them in the sold section.

bought my copy for $4 last year. I did pick up copies since then from a local comic shop owner. Didn't pay $4 but also didn't pay $400.

I checked eBay, noticed sold listings for it. My app never alerted me.

With that said, Overpriced IMO. I'll gladly trade for a black cat #1 or siege 3 :)lol

Copies?

Raw Black Cat #1 at $405 and still has a day left... watch out 688...

The Black Cat #1 should fetch a higher price than the Lizard cover IMHO.

The 688 may have leap frogged it, value wise. (last 688 raw "NM" copy went for $540, last black cat raw sold today for $500, last 9.6 Black Cat went for $380, last 9.6 688 went for $800).

-J.

The Black Cat #1 should fetch a higher price than the Lizard cover IMHO.

The 688 may have leap frogged it, value wise. (last 688 raw "NM" copy went for $540, last black cat raw sold today for $500, last 9.6 Black Cat went for $380, last 9.6 688 went for $800).

-J.

I was going to mention the same thing jay. There was 9.6 that sold a few days ago for $380. I think there are two active raws for the black cat. Not doing each other any favors there.

It's got one bad spine crease on upper-back spine. May be pressable, but I don't think so. Otherwise a solid book, a great one for those who don't slab or don't want this one slabbed.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Black panther sketch sold for $399. Who grabbed this copy ? :o

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=311579902225&globalID=EBAY-US

My $4 copy was sent to dscott for Campbell to sign at Paris expo next week. That copy can't come soon enough ! lol praying it hits 9.8, but doubtful. :wishluck:

With the buzz about the new BP series I figured I'd look into results of the sketch variant. I was surprised at some of the results. Decided it's time to let my CGC 9.6 go.

If you're going to list it... I would also include sdcc in the title since the last few sold were labeled as such... so some people might have saved searches for that instead of nycc... just a thought..

Edited by zupaphly

Yikes. About time it saw an increase..glad I have one already :) I'm getting tired of seeing the Lizard book skyrocket each auction. Now let's see if it could maintain that price or if this was a one time deal. Quick someone post a slab for $2000 :P