• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Yeah, pre order is $200 . Reason why I was asking who the new venom is... so I can decide to pre order or not . lol

Where can I pre order? I do not know about the Venom, but that cover is going to go up if limited, as it's been happening more and more lately.

DCBS

And the books will be under $200 in other places.............

just have to look

Thanks... and true! Judging by other of their ridiculous prices, that cover might be half the price... still not cheap, but that's a start.

I'll keep tracking and see if I can find it somewhere else for a better offer.

Back from CGC NYCC 2016..

DBPB6mg.jpg

t2O48rX.jpg

Very happy with the Black Cat 9.6 ..I didnt think it would pass a 9.4

The Black Panther I was hoping would hit a 9.2 but it has a bad scratch on the back cover.

E2luGRP.jpg

n4fZlCz.jpg

I estimated these two at around 9.4 or 9.6.. so one of each, not so bad.

r7utoCs.jpg

These are some duplicate books I had graded and will be for sale in the B/S/T forum.. will post a link tomorrow. They'll be there for a short while and then off to eBay.

d4sOtpF.jpg

Also for sale.. not sure what happened with this X-Men 510, its nicer looking then my 9.8 copy. Grader notes say warping/rippling.. I may have it pressed and re-submitted for grading, I dont see any indication why it wouldnt hit a 9.8 other then a few ripples which should easily press out. But if anyone is interested pm me.

EYe1i6d.jpg

All in all happy with the grades, one or two graded lower then I expected but in return a few graded higher so cant complain.

Making America great again :sumo:

BOOKS FOR SALE HERE

Edited by Cyber Warrior

Back from CGC NYCC 2016..

DBPB6mg.jpg

t2O48rX.jpg

Very happy with the Black Cat 9.6 ..I didnt think it would pass a 9.4

The Black Panther I was hoping would hit a 9.2 but it has a bad scratch on the back cover.

E2luGRP.jpg

n4fZlCz.jpg

I estimated these two at around 9.4 or 9.6.. so one of each, not so bad.

r7utoCs.jpg

These are some duplicate books I had graded and will be for sale in the B/S/T forum.. will post a link tomorrow. They'll be there for a short while and then off to eBay.

d4sOtpF.jpg

Also for sale.. not sure what happened with this X-Men 510, its nicer looking then my 9.8 copy. Grader notes say warping/rippling.. I may have it pressed and re-submitted for grading, I dont see any indication why it wouldnt hit a 9.8 other then a few ripples which should easily press out. But if anyone is interested pm me.

EYe1i6d.jpg

All in all happy with the grades, one or two graded lower then I expected but in return a few graded higher so cant complain.

Making America great again :sumo:

Beautiful!

Yeah, pre order is $200 . Reason why I was asking who the new venom is... so I can decide to pre order or not . lol

Where can I pre order? I do not know about the Venom, but that cover is going to go up if limited, as it's been happening more and more lately.

DCBS

just have to look

Thanks... and true! Judging by other of their ridiculous prices, that cover might be half the price... still not cheap, but that's a start.

Dcbs is $200, Frankie's is $269, Midtown doesn't have it listed.

Any suggestions?

DCBS

just have to look

Any suggestions?

I still haven't seen it somewhere else. I was hopeful that Frankie's had it cheaper, but now it's even above DCBS. Another dealer told me it isn't below $200 so it is possible it won't go below that starting price.

DCBS

just have to look

Any suggestions?

Don't buy it. (shrug)

Bought this at HPB for like a 1$ long time ago, 'bout what it goes for now

I was in time to buy the red marker version of the Champion 1 but couldn't pull the trigger, probably could have bought 2 and sold one to make my money back but still... lol oh well (thumbs u

166128.jpg.10c27e4acef812bf5babba3187ae1a8f.jpg

With the recent news of Campbell coming to Mexico I want to ask you boardies, is there a way to contact him for the possibility of a sketch or a remark?

I know some of you know him or have a way to contact him so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I also know he no longer does sketches at cons (being Paris the latest exception I know of), but I want to finally have an original from him and I believe this way I could at least ensure that.

I know it's a long shot, but knowing how the cons are handled here, I'm afraid I might not even be able to meet him. Right now they are charging an additional $100 USD just for a chance to get stuff signed (not specifically him), and up to $400 for the Stan Lee stuff. The con will be in another estate, so the trip will be expensive on its own.

I am willing to pay the $300-$400 he usually charges if there is a chance so at least I will not come back empty handed. I already have my ticket, but if I could ensure this I would be good to go.

Please let me know, I appreciate your comments!

Regards.