• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

He also needs to pick his characters a bit better - the two Archie comics (Josie & Pussycats and Betty & Veronica) are still available, as well as the two X-books. I hope the next one is a Black Cat cover or something along those lines, and it is not released for a couple of months.

2 hours ago, combiner11 said:

He needs to change female position...... Jean Grey has the same pose as Elektra and Gamora 

Totally Agree...although I love JSC's work, the amount of recent cover releases (both in quantity and similarity) have given me pause to reconsider and be more selective.

Well - Gold was supposed to ship no later than April 12 and Blue by April 21. Guess he got the days wrong ?

Btw - have you noticed that he no longer states the number of copies for the Jean Grey!

Edited by Poka
Title

No total numbers available for the Jean Grey set? Plus the Blue set had a 10% print run over the initial order for the Gold set? Plus the Gold set got a print run boost? Plus it still hasn't shipped a week after the scheduled shipping date? Hard pass. It wasn't even a book I was really looking forward to either.

I guess I am in the minority in this respect. I hope he continues to pump out more work and I could care less what the print run is on any of it.  As a JSC collector, I love the amount of work he is putting out and the fact that I can get it for"retail." 

1 hour ago, DigsUT said:

I guess I am in the minority in this respect. I hope he continues to pump out more work and I could care less what the print run is on any of it.  As a JSC collector, I love the amount of work he is putting out and the fact that I can get it for"retail." 

$90 for $12 worth of books with his cover isn't really "retail"....

54 minutes ago, Califelix said:

$90 for $12 worth of books with his cover isn't really "retail"....

...or is it????

I'm going to have to pass on the Grey simply because I've been spending way too much money. I only collect CGC 9.8 and had been getting three 3-cover sets to try to ensure I'd get at least a 9.8 for each cover and then try to offset some costs -- but that hasn't worked out.

If he only put out a book a month I'd have no problem -- but they come out way too often for my wallet lately.

Just now, NamesJay said:

I'm going to have to pass on the Grey simply because I've been spending way too much money. I only collect CGC 9.8 and had been getting three 3-cover sets to try to ensure I'd get at least a 9.8 for each cover and then try to offset some costs -- but that hasn't worked out.

If he only put out a book a month I'd have no problem -- but they come out way too often for my wallet lately.

ditto!!!

The Jean Grey covers are looking pretty good IMO.

I think Cover A looks the best but is there also a 4th cover that isn't being shown, a convention only cover?

A question for more experienced members; If you got one of the re-marked copies and had it graded, would it be a green label because it wouldn't have been witnessed by CGC? My guess is yes.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:36 AM, NamesJay said:

I haven't purchased a raw comic in such a long time, a few years, until just recently. I purchased three sets of the Unknown Comics Jean Grey, Venomized Mattina covers in the hope of getting one "9.8" of each. I will likely do the same with the JSC Jean Greys but if i remember from back when I last purchased raw comics, the chances aren't good. If I don't get at least one "9.8" of each with these raw comics purchased I doubt I will buy raw again. I will just stick to purchasing them graded at "9.8" from here. 

J Scott's site has now changed to April 24th as the ship date for both X-Men Gold and Blue.  First they increased the print run then they change the shipping date (for reprint interior Gold?)...the shady way these books are being handled is really pushing me away from purchasing anymore from him....