• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Mail call, she's finally mine <3

L7yyv3.jpg

Jerome

Congrats Jerome!! You completed and added all the big campbell books  to your collection!

I suggest a group a shot of the wolverine 1, siege 3, 510 partial sketch, BP #1 partial sketch and the danger girl ruby red. lol

Just now, jreezy said:

Congrats Jerome!! You completed and added all the big campbell books  to your collection!

I suggest a group a shot of the wolverine 1, siege 3, 510 partial sketch, BP #1 partial sketch and the danger girl ruby red. lol

hm

I think thats a cool idea, I'll post one up when I get home in a bit (thumbsu

Jerome

2 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Thanks buddy!  I took the Danger Girl off my list over a year ago because I never thought I'd get my hands on one. 

Jerome

Very very very cool pic (only have 4 of those so got a ways to go :frown: ) and congrats on the last pick up, been on my radar since it released.

4 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

591b8cee6a72e_JSCLot.jpg.c2f228af9cbdfa27868dc0b30e8139c9.jpg

Campbell collection finally completed.  I guess I should make a custom registry set, because why not? lol 

Collecting slabs is a legal form of crack :sumo: 

Jerome

Sick!!:whee:so much goodness.

5 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Campbell collection finally completed.  I guess I should make a custom registry set, because why not? lol 

Jerome

Okay, Okay Okay....So, Ill trade you the La Mole versions in 9.8, but SIGNED. Deal?? ;)

Can someone school me a little on the Smoking gun variant? There are so many different versions of this book!

What is the most desirable? I know there are two different copies of the Ruby Red Logo, one Cliffhanger, One IDW. there's also the platinum version? and the European version? Which is THE ONE to own? 

1 hour ago, TheRealVenom said:

Can someone school me a little on the Smoking gun variant? There are so many different versions of this book!

What is the most desirable? I know there are two different copies of the Ruby Red Logo, one Cliffhanger, One IDW. there's also the platinum version? and the European version? Which is THE ONE to own? 

Yea the Platinum one you can get for like $500 and pop up from time to time on the 'bay.  The Ruby Red is the one to get as it's more rare, but I have to admit I don't know the print run numbers.  They just don't come up for sale ever.....

Jerome

18 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Jerome

Holy moly!

I think I just pooped myself a little.  

(worship)

-J.

11 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Yea the Platinum one you can get for like $500 and pop up from time to time on the 'bay.  The Ruby Red is the one to get as it's more rare, but I have to admit I don't know the print run numbers.  They just don't come up for sale ever.....

Jerome

But it's gotta be the Cliffhanger version of the ruby red?

I see these pop up on the bay from time to time. I almost snatched one.. from IDW tho so i'm assuming not as valuable/sought after?

s-l500.jpg

So out of the 2 from cliffhanger, The Ruby Red is better than the platinum? 

Thanks for all the heads up. This is possibly my favorite campbell cover ever and want to get one of these up on my shelf!

1 hour ago, TheRealVenom said:

But it's gotta be the Cliffhanger version of the ruby red?

I see these pop up on the bay from time to time. I almost snatched one.. from IDW tho so i'm assuming not as valuable/sought after?

s-l500.jpg

So out of the 2 from cliffhanger, The Ruby Red is better than the platinum? 

Thanks for all the heads up. This is possibly my favorite campbell cover ever and want to get one of these up on my shelf!

Thats right, the IDW I think is a reprint from 2012? Don't quote me on that (shrug)  But it's a far cheaper way to own a classic (And Ruby Red) JSC cover!

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

The smoking gun were comic calvacade variants done when the book came out. The ruby red's were always hard to find. If i remember, they were limited to 500 I believe as what was advertised. Actual print run, I have no idea.. But they were always tough to get and sold out quickly. The IDW one is a re use of the same cover...to the Danger Girl revolver series...so I guess it's not a reprint per say? a reprint of a cover? It's a re used cover though.  Oh and congrats on the book! I am still looking for a 9.8 one myself...unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to be super picky with condition back then. 

Edited by Peter N.

I finally got my shipping notice for my blues. Im sending all my JSC books for MegaCon tomorrow to be signed and the blues say expected delivery TOMORROW. Ugh, cutting it close. I might be visiting the airport before midnight to send out my package for megacon.