• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

I don't collect many modern books anymore but for some reason I was drawn to this one. My first Campbell Variant..

H65lQARh.jpg

Nice.  This and his wolverine 1 are his best non-pin-up covers hands down.  

Yours looks 9.8 fresh to boot ! And this ain't that easy in a 9.8 (similar to the ASM 678 VenoMJ). :applause:

-J.

16 hours ago, BoBe-Patt said:

So I got my Jean Grey set in today and looks like I got an extra book with it too! I was really hoping for a remarked book, but I'll take whatever I can get!

File Jun 01, 2 22 01 PM.jpeg

Congrats! I had no extras in my set. Was he doing remarques for this set? I never saw an announcement on his social media channels so I figured it was just the con exclusive this time.

9 hours ago, ECooper said:

Congrats! I had no extras in my set. Was he doing remarques for this set? I never saw an announcement on his social media channels so I figured it was just the con exclusive this time.

Ya, he said on his FB page that along with the remarks, he was sending out signed copies as well.

On 6/1/2017 at 9:17 AM, Praxis52 said:

Campbell store just posted the new Avengers #8 variants.  Can't wait for them to go on sale?!  My personal favorite is the Thor version of MJ.

JSCMJ.png

Cover D is a Con exclusive - anybody know which Con?

6 minutes ago, Praxis52 said:

I love this cover! Can't wait to see it in person?

Wow, thats spectacular. Im a huge fan of Vision and thats pure greatness. Best of his covers in a while. Ill definitely need to grab one of those. That one is gonna be a hot cover for sure.

9 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Wow, thats spectacular. Im a huge fan of Vision and thats pure greatness. Best of his covers in a while. Ill definitely need to grab one of those. That one is gonna be a hot cover for sure.

Do you have any idea where you'll be getting one from? I've never ordered a con exclusive from anyone before.

I expect one of the facilitators from the boards who will be at SDCC will have a pre-sale for it. Otherwise, you can always overpay on eBay once it comes out. ;) 

Unfortunately, if its an SDCC exclusive, not much we can do until July.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

I expect one of the facilitators from the boards who will be at SDCC will have a pre-sale for it. Otherwise, you can always overpay on eBay once it comes out. ;) 

Unfortunately, if its an SDCC exclusive, not much we can do until July.

Hahaha very true. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a closer eye on the boards as SDCC draws near. 

When they announce that there will be a con cover, I thought it will be a combination of the "big three avengers" Captain America, Thor and Ironman. No offence, but I never imagine as Vision as one of the "big three". 

Just got 1 set of the 3 covers and another set of the 2 covers both unsigned.  I really like that Thor cover.  It's too bad I had to purchase sets in order to get me a couple copies of it.