• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Got my grades for my Campbell CGC SS for my 2 Elektra sets and my 1 ASM 25 set. All 9.8 for my Elektra and 9.8s for A/B and 9.6 for C on ASM 25. Not too bad. I did get 9.8 on a GotG 4 though. 9.8 and a 9.6 on 2 Ben Reilly Scarlett Spider #1, 9.8 on a Spider-Gwen #1, 9.6 on Spider-Man RYV #1. These were signed at Conque. Not too shabby. Keeping most and selling some dupes.

Still waiting on my X-men Blue and Gold sets from MegaCon.

On 6/24/2017 at 6:29 PM, kevhtx said:

Got my grades for my Campbell CGC SS for my 2 Elektra sets and my 1 ASM 25 set. All 9.8 for my Elektra and 9.8s for A/B and 9.6 for C on ASM 25. Not too bad. I did get 9.8 on a GotG 4 though. 9.8 and a 9.6 on 2 Ben Reilly Scarlett Spider #1, 9.8 on a Spider-Gwen #1, 9.6 on Spider-Man RYV #1. These were signed at Conque. Not too shabby. Keeping most and selling some dupes.

Still waiting on my X-men Blue and Gold sets from MegaCon.

I was hit hard on my 3 ASM sets. 1 Cover A and C in 9.8. The 7 others failed my pre-screening.

Alternatively on my 3 Elektra sets, all A's and C's hit 9.8 and 1 B in 9.8.

I'm also waiting on Blue and Gold from CGC -- but didn't get submit 3 sets this time; I tried to be pickier with my submissions.

Got my X-Men: Blue and X-Men: Gold comics back from CGC today. I had a 9.8 screening and was very happy with my results :cloud9:

Blue Cover A - 2/3 

Blue Cover B - 3/3

Blue Cover C - 3/3

-------------------------------

Gold Cover A - 3/3

Gold Cover B - 2/2

Gold Cover C - 1/1

I didn't submit every issue of my 3 sets  for Gold because there were some noticeable problems with a couple issues that even I could see wouldn't hit 9.8. But I'm very happy with the success rate overall. 14/18 in 9.8 quality! Makes up a little bit for the ASM #25's which were hit really hard.

Edited by NamesJay

Really hoping to snag one of the Jean Grey Roadshows. I didn't really like the ABC covers, but that D cover is just awesome. The white phoenix is absolutely my favorite Phoenix version. 

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

Anyone else get an email about the JSC VIP Luncheon during SDCC?

I got that as well. I wonder how much he's charging for those, though most likely lots of $$$$ lol.

17 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It was the most vague description of an event. I assume it's free and thousands of people are going to each get $1,000 worth of collectibles to walk away with. Didn't say otherwise.

I took it as it was going to cost...... a $1,000 lol to attend the luncheon meh 

You also can probably get CGC there, or they say you can for the Stan Lee breakfast's....

otherwise is a "remark" really worth $700 from Campbell?

I wonder what those remarks were going for that he put in random shipments a while back...? I haven't been keeping up with it 

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I took it as it was going to cost...... a $1,000 lol to attend the luncheon meh 

Yes, I would say that's a fair assumption. Honestly for what they say you get I think it's worth more that at current market. However, once the market gets flooded with this stuff prices will drop.

Id be surprised if they had CGC there. But, who knows maybe Doug or Dre? It definitely would be more attractive to people with a witness there. I bet it will be more than $1000 (and no VIP coupon probably :smirk:)