• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Just now, Drill423 said:

I just wanted cover a.  Everything is sold out and being posted in ebay for twice the price already.  

Theres no way everything sold out that fast. I bet its a glitch or something. There would have to be a few of something left. I bet they all come back soon or something. That has to be odd. 

I grabbed 2 of the unsigned set.

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Theres no way everything sold out that fast. I bet its a glitch or something. There would have to be a few of something left. I bet they all come back soon or something. That has to be odd. 

I grabbed 2 of the unsigned set.

You are right.  Completely closed everything down and they are still available.  Not sure what happened there.  Good looking out!

If you really want something, keep checking back for a bit. They will show back up unless they are just holding everything else back. They did not sell everything out. Theres no way. This isn't Ticketmaster. The print run was too high on these and his stuff usually takes a couple hours at least if its gonna sell out one of the sets (like unsigned set usually goes first). His website could not have sold that many within 10-15 minutes especially with the limit per order.

9 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

If you really want something, keep checking back for a bit. They will show back up unless they are just holding everything else back. They did not sell everything out. Theres no way. This isn't Ticketmaster. The print run was too high on these and his stuff usually takes a couple hours at least if its gonna sell out one of the sets (like unsigned set usually goes first). His website could not have sold that many within 10-15 minutes especially with the limit per order.

Yeah I think it was an issue with my mobile browser.  While I like cover D, nycc variant, I have no desire to buy the full set especially since this is going to just end up in my PC.  

I don't think it is all sold out. It looks like there is an error with the site. The four book set is gone, but I can still place orders for the others.

FWIW, Cover A is the one that looks the best to me. The reverse/negative one is okay, but the B and C covers are weak IMHO.

Edited by kimik

I was at 12:00, they were available (all four covers) then at 12:05 sets of four was all sold out..... didn't have enough time to checkout. My internet was slow. 

I think they are sold out, the reason why I think that is because they didn't put a limit on orders. A guy can literally put 10-50 orders in and the system would still process it..... just my thoughts 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I don't think it is all sold out. It looks like there is an error with the site. The four book set is gone, but I can still place orders for the others.

FWIW, Cover A is the one that looks the best to me. The reverse/negative one is okay, but the B and C covers are weak IMHO.

Agreed. Cover A looks the best.

8 minutes ago, Holden Caulfield said:

How the :censored: does drewbiz on eBay have 10 copies of each to sell? There was a 2 set limit

enforced (supposedly) on checkout.:frustrated:(tsk)

Its possible that he has given some to resellers to sell. I would bet they didn't buy from his site. Or, they were allowed to not have a limit. Who knows.

I wanted the brunette cover also until I noticed her weird tiny ankle. For some reason it doesn't look as bad on the other covers where she's wearing black. Looks like on those covers they are colored to look as if her butt is in the foreground covering a portion of the ankle. But on the white costume cover it's colored to look like the ankle is in the foreground in front of the butt and thus we have a too tiny ankle. Weird. Makes me glad I didn't buy the full set just to get it

36 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

I wanted the brunette cover also until I noticed her weird tiny ankle. For some reason it doesn't look as bad on the other covers where she's wearing black. Looks like on those covers they are colored to look as if her butt is in the foreground covering a portion of the ankle. But on the white costume cover it's colored to look like the ankle is in the foreground in front of the butt and thus we have a too tiny ankle. Weird. Makes me glad I didn't buy the full set just to get it

I hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out and now I can't unsee it.  Now I'm glad I only grabbed cover A.