• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Oat Willy1 said:

I wanted the brunette cover also until I noticed her weird tiny ankle. For some reason it doesn't look as bad on the other covers where she's wearing black. Looks like on those covers they are colored to look as if her butt is in the foreground covering a portion of the ankle. But on the white costume cover it's colored to look like the ankle is in the foreground in front of the butt and thus we have a too tiny ankle. Weird. Makes me glad I didn't buy the full set just to get it

Omg lol. I got all four covers and now I see that.... Oh well but I got a good chuckle out of it. :D

13 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Just got the email announcing the Spider-Gwen #24 J. Scott Campbell Exclusive (sale begins September 23rd).  Four covers in total.

***Can anybody spot what's wrong with this cover?

SPGWEN2015B024_A_600x.jpg.ef4f5b8ff5bcb01ada1146a32818783a.jpg

Is it the tiny shoe ??? ?

23 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Her right arm...Something looks "off" there...The angle, how the patterns of the costume are lining up, the freakishly long forearm...

I like JSC but lately it just seems he is just pumping out mediocre covers...

Ding ding ding!!!

Can't make a mistake like that when I'm paying a premium for the artwork.

***and the cropping of the feet but that's not the artist's fault

12 minutes ago, HookemNC said:

Sold out instantly lol. Campbell's site is a joke. I think I'm done with his cash grabs. 

Yea, I logged on 3 minutes after launch and saw the 4 cover set was out.  I was only interested in cover A...wasn't a big fan of B or C and I'm not interested in $100+ for the 4 piece set.  

I didn't care for these so didn't get them. But, I think they changed how they are doing these sales and theres a bit of trickery here. Other covers have taken a couple hours to sellout just the unsigned top set. They are trying to create demand. I think when a couple of the previous covers didn't sell and sat on the site unsold, it freaked them out and they changed their model.

3 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I didn't care for these so didn't get them. But, I think they changed how they are doing these sales and theres a bit of trickery here. Other covers have taken a couple hours to sellout just the unsigned top set. They are trying to create demand. I think when a couple of the previous covers didn't sell and sat on the site unsold, it freaked them out and they changed their model.

I think you may be on to something. They have word of mouth, but need that buzz to increase or keep demand. I just started to look at his site maybe early last year and it didn't seem like he did his own covers that often as now. Definitely a light bulb went on!