• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Just felt like posting this. I got the urge over the weekend to dig thru my boxes & find all of my JSC cover or variant cover books & get some pictures. Not the best pictures or collection but I realized after I pulled everything out how many of his covers I actually have & it's sort of absurd.

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

I really liked his earlier work, especially the Gen 13 run (mini and regular series). I can actually tell the difference between his characters..... now, it seemed the faces and body poses  all look alike, only with a different hair style 

15 hours ago, combiner1 said:

I really liked his earlier work, especially the Gen 13 run (mini and regular series). I can actually tell the difference between his characters..... now, it seemed the faces and body poses  all look alike, only with a different hair style 

His best work imho is his danger girl, he definitely is mailing it in the past few years

I think his covers have been amazing this past few years and most of his stuff has been selling out fast. Many of his variants have increased in value across various titles so not sure ? 

Edited by jason4

22 hours ago, combiner1 said:

This. The man has lost his flair. All his poses and faces look identical to each other. I think his peak was during around the time he was doing those ASM covers. Gorgeous stuff.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:32 AM, Doktor said:

Just felt like posting this. I got the urge over the weekend to dig thru my boxes & find all of my JSC cover or variant cover books & get some pictures. Not the best pictures or collection but I realized after I pulled everything out how many of his covers I actually have & it's sort of absurd.

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

Sweet collection Doctor!

Tried to find some articles or cached pages, but I came up short, so I figured I might have better luck just asking here:

Can someone tell me what the original prices from JSC's website were for the Avengers #8 variant covers (unsigned & signed)?

Thanks!
Dave

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, jreezy said:

Sweet collection Doctor!

Thank you, sir! I realized recently exactly how much JSC stuff I had (it doesn't include my Black Cat Sideshow statue either) and I felt like getting a full accounting. I'm still missing a few big ones, but I can live with that.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:32 AM, Doktor said:

Awesome collection! (thumbsu

I do think he is over saturating the market with his covers but as long as they sell well, best of luck to JSC! 

He did do a Jean Grey (Black Queen) cover that never made it to the set Phoenix Resurrection set. I probably would have gotten that as my first book ever from his store. 

I definitely think his Gen13, Danger Girl & Spider-man covers were his best. 

Jean Grey_Black Queen_JSC.jpg

3 minutes ago, martini25 said:

Awesome collection! (thumbsu

I do think he is over saturating the market with his covers but as long as they sell well, best of luck to JSC! 

He did do a Jean Grey (Black Queen) cover that never made it to the set Phoenix Resurrection set. I probably would have gotten that as my first book ever from his store. 

I definitely think his Gen13, Danger Girl & Spider-man covers were his best. 

Jean Grey_Black Queen_JSC.jpg

Yeah. I remember him showing that one, but I really wish he would have added that one. It would have been a great change of pace from the other ones & distinct enough without being totally out of the blue.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:08 AM, PerlAddict said:

Tried to find some articles or cached pages, but I came up short, so I figured I might have better luck just asking here:

Can someone tell me what the original prices from JSC's website were for the Avengers #8 variant covers (unsigned & signed)?

Thanks!
Dave

Nobody out there that can help with what they bought these for? Trying to gauge what to submit as a "Best Offer" on a couple of eBay listings.

Got my 4-over set. I had a little hiccup reloading the page, so I probably added it 5 seconds after it went live. Already had my shipping info saved and had my credit card pre-filled in Chrome auto-fill where I only had to enter my CVC and the rest was already done. By the time I got the "order complete" screen and then went back to the listing, it showed the 4-cover set sold out. I'd say it was probably 30 seconds.