• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, BishopT said:

My LCS gave me a good deal on all these today. Pretty excited for some of these, I remember wanting some of these so bad 20 or so years ago.

4E551CC9-DEE2-4F5D-964E-696AEDDC20F2.jpeg

0255FE77-B986-4C84-A94C-32B1D27983D1.jpeg

9C7D4EA7-D4E8-4BD3-9C2C-C651F4B23F4A.jpeg

1C15AE8E-5D2C-4760-A93B-B7DCCD308B9D.jpeg

82DD2068-B9FB-4105-A639-977EB256E112.jpeg

That's great! Some of those books were ultra hot.

To this day, 20 years later, I have never owned any of the smoking guns. Not a one.

Forget that SDCC Exclusive, I got the real exclusive here: JSC DNA sample, root on the hair and all! Soon to be on Ebay for $1M.

This is kinda gross and probably not JSC (not that it matters, ewww). It's a signed copy, so I don't want to break the seal on the back to remove it. I messaged them and asked if I could swap out a copy at SDCC. Hopefully they answer...

20180704_084150.jpg

20180704_084156.jpg

48 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I don't know what coding eBay changed on the backend, but I hate that links to listings that have ended take me to current listings.  In this case, it took me to an overpriced Black Panther book.  smh.

Just now, ExNihilo said:

I don't know what coding eBay changed on the backend, but I hate that links to listings that have ended take me to current listings.  In this case, it took me to an overpriced Black Panther book.  smh.

There word "listing" should be clickable near the top of the page that takes you to the original listing of the link, Ebay item number 112988055203.

-J.

31 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

There word "listing" should be clickable near the top of the page that takes you to the original listing of the link, Ebay item number 112988055203.

-J.

Yeah, it was, but I remember not more than 2 months ago, I wouldn't have to go through that extra step.  It just doesn't seem like a very meaningful change to eBay to me.  (shrug)

On 7/4/2018 at 9:13 AM, ProcessedMeatMan said:

It's a signed copy, so I don't want to break the seal on the back to remove it. 

Apologies if this has been answered before, but does the seal get damaged if popped open? I'd like to add some Full-Back boards to my signed JSC books but I don't want to seal to break if I remove it. Is it a tamper-proof seal or just a sticker? Thanks in advance!

16 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

Apologies if this has been answered before, but does the seal get damaged if popped open? I'd like to add some Full-Back boards to my signed JSC books but I don't want to seal to break if I remove it. Is it a tamper-proof seal or just a sticker? Thanks in advance!

Tamper proof. That's why I'm glad they started using E Gerbers

1 hour ago, shortboxed said:

Yes it does damage the sticker. I was able to one off without damaging it once, but all others came apart

On 7/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, ExNihilo said:

Back in the oldest of days, you used to be able to click on any listing, ended or not, and it would take you right to the listing page.

About 10 years ago, they added the intermediary page, which is functionally just an ad page for other listings.

But this "new feature"...the "the listing you're looking for is no longer available. Try this one!", which I DO NOT want to "try", means that you have to click THREE DIFFERENT PAGES to get to ended listings now. 

I suspect it's a concerted effort by eBay to stop people from looking at completed listings. I suspect that completed listings are going the way of the dodo, and will no longer be accessible at some point in the future.

58 minutes ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Tamper proof. That's why I'm glad they started using E Gerbers

5 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

Yes it does damage the sticker. I was able to one off without damaging it once, but all others came apart

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll just put them as-in into toploaders or Archive sleeves with Full-Backs. 

34 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Somebody is insane...Great for the seller....I love JSC and I have every Marvel cover of his expect the 510 Sketch and the Wolverine Deadpool...no way would i pay anywhere near that....You could buy a lowgrade Hulk 1 or AF15 1 for that

6 minutes ago, gregwynn said:

Somebody is insane...Great for the seller....I love JSC and I have every Marvel cover of his expect the 510 Sketch and the Wolverine Deadpool...no way would i pay anywhere near that....You could buy a lowgrade Hulk 1 or AF15 1 for that

Probably.  But those are available every day.  This was the first 9.8 blue label one of these to come up for sale publicly in six years. 

-J.

5 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Probably.  But those are available every day.  This was the first 9.8 blue label one of these to come up for sale publicly in six years. 

-J.

A comic shop owner offered to buy  mine for last year. I declined . I could’ve used the funds towards a low grade af 15 but as a jsc fan i couldn’t part with it. 

Edited by jreezy