• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm having the hardest time of late focusing on what to purchase and what not to purchase.  I'll see OA and be like "oooh, I want that".  Then I'll see a book I need to round out my collection and suddenly I'll want that instead.  This morning I had to talk myself out of buying the Jim Lee X-Men's Artist Edition (signed/numbered).  Yesterday I saw an artists Instagram announcing opening of commission list.  It wasn't even an artist that I followed or would have thought about getting commissioned work from and yet there I was pondering whether to reach out for additional details or not.  doh!

I need to create a priority list or something and just work my way down.  But I guess if I do that it'll be years before I buy anything new since the top of my list would be like Jim Lee OA which costs an arm and a leg.

I made lists not in an order to get though

But it's a thought, I made lists books of things that I AM interested in, it cuts down on impulse purchases, except for things close to my list or on my list. If that makes sense...

Just to know what your realm is I guess, it helped me just to keep headlined. I didnt have to get that list right away, but it helped me know prices and search for the list, so when I see a decent deal, I knew that it WAS a deal

This may seem small, but on a budget without necessarily making a budget it helped me, then when i saw an artist commission i may go ahead with it but i knew that it was a temporary adjusted expense lol

11 hours ago, Gul123 said:

Hi guys,

I’am interested in buying a J Scott Campbell remark Cgc or Raw book. Please send me PM and tell me what you have for sale.

There's a WTB sub-forum for such requests.

Comics Market - Want To Buy! - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Oh, and also this section of the boards as well (which more specifically deals with original art.

Original Comic Art Marketplace - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Edited by ExNihilo

For those who dont follow JSC on social media, he's been at the center of a bit of a storm the last couple days. Someone decided they were going to "fix" his cover art below saying it was demeaning or sexist to women, JSC responded on IG. A couple times. He posted a 2 page rant about it earlier to finish it off.

Screenshot_20210508-010448_Instagram.jpg

18 hours ago, HotKey said:

For those who dont follow JSC on social media, he's been at the center of a bit of a storm the last couple days. Someone decided they were going to "fix" his cover art below saying it was demeaning or sexist to women, JSC responded on IG. A couple times. He posted a 2 page rant about it earlier to finish it off.

Screenshot_20210508-010448_Instagram.jpg

17 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

I2ardG5.jpg

Email I just got 

From Campbell site

:tink:

Screenshot_20210508-181944_Email.jpg

Got this in a random lot for less than $1 - unfortunately there are spine issues and also some weird indentations on the back cover (funny enough, they almost look like cat teeth marks). Too bad because the rest of the books in the lot were a nice grade, but I just love this cover so I'll keep it around.1247537098_BlackCat10.thumb.jpeg.83ad93d94e3521eab963726ac43280ff.jpeg