• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

IDK, I kind of like it. He put some great detail in it which really shows if you see the OA. I gotta stick to sexy woman covers though, if I get this.. I'll need the ASM Lizard and Deadpool/Wolverine to go with it.. oh and maybe the Siege :)

Edited by Cyber Warrior

Me too....I still need to pick that up. Anyone know where best to get it?

ebay? Supply should be quite plentiful since cover price on this is just $0.25 so even a hefty 1:100 ratio would mean all of $25. lol

Not bothering with this one. This is part of the image used in Red Sonja #1 Cover B and I already have that preordered for a whopping $2.59. :D There's also a 1:50 virgin variant for that one in case you might be interested. :)

I just finished reading #0 and it seems pretty interesting. Will probably continue collecting the series (Campbell variants).

Thanks for the info...I didn't realize they were that plentiful. I hadn't looked into this series much. I just saw the cover at one point and thought it was probably harder to get.

I expect this will have a massive print run although Dynamite is probably losing money with each issue sold.

They're running a similar 25-cent promotion for Vampirella #0.

I am really liking the detail that he did for the Venom cover. I am glad I did not pass on this one. Pretty sure plenty of shade will be thrown its way. Had it been a female pinup sexy Venom, it would have likely been hot like fire.... (shrug)

Thanks for the info...I didn't realize they were that plentiful. I hadn't looked into this series much. I just saw the cover at one point and thought it was probably harder to get.

I expect this will have a massive print run although Dynamite is probably losing money with each issue sold.

They're running a similar 25-cent promotion for Vampirella #0.

I love the Vampirella one, I must say I like it better than the Venom cover (and I do like that one despite all the hate I'm seeing =P). However, I do hate that they have 3 different covers for the same issue. They did the same for Red Sonja #1 (which I bought) and Red Sonja #2, and they just change the image zoom or the virgin thing... that's not cool.

Still, with the issues coming the first three months of 2017, we will have a pretty active Campbell year.

I am really liking the detail that he did for the Venom cover. I am glad I did not pass on this one. Pretty sure plenty of shade will be thrown its way. Had it been a female pinup sexy Venom, it would have likely been hot like fire.... (shrug)

I'm surprised that Marvel didn't pick a female host for Venom this time around.

Kinda surprised as well. It would have a been an interesting story line if Venom snagged Black Cat. And the potential cheesecake variant covers would have been glorious.

Edited by DigsUT

Kinda surprised as well. It would have a been an interesting story line if Venom snagged Black Cat. And the potential cheesecake variant covers would have been glorious.

Should've went with a black cat or mary jane female venom. Not sure if this will retain its $200 price tag.

I love the Vampirella one, I must say I like it better than the Venom cover (and I do like that one despite all the hate I'm seeing =P). However, I do hate that they have 3 different covers for the same issue. They did the same for Red Sonja #1 (which I bought) and Red Sonja #2, and they just change the image zoom or the virgin thing... that's not cool.

Still, with the issues coming the first three months of 2017, we will have a pretty active Campbell year.

I don't blame Dynamite for using variations of Red Sonja #1 cover art for the Red Sonja #0 sneak peek. They're practically giving those away so it's understandable for them to save money where they can. I expect we'll see recolored/full versions of the art used in Vampirella #0 covers in Vampirella #1, too.

lol, what do you mean 3? Red Sonja #1 had the following:

RED SONJA #1

Cover A: Nick Bradshaw

Cover B: J. Scott Campbell

Cover C: Brandon Peterson

Cover D: Giuseppe Camuncoli

Cover E: Cosplay Cover

Cover F Subscription: Mel Rubi

RETAILER INCENTIVE #1: (“CVR G 10-COPY BRADSHAW B&W INCV”) For every 10 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Nick Bradshaw “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #2: (“CVR H 20-COPY CAMUNCOLI B&W INV”) For every 20 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Giuseppe Camuncoli “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #3: (“CVR I 30-COPY RUBI B&W INCV”) For every 30 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Mel Rubi “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #4: (“CVR J 40-COPY PETERSON B&W INCV”) For every 40 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Brandon Peterson “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #5: (“CVR K 50-COPY CAMPBELL VIRGIN INCV”) For every 50 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a J. Scott Campbell “Virgin” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RED SONJA #1 CVR L BLANK AUTHENTIX EDITION

That makes for a total of 12 covers (1 main/regular and 11 variants).

Edited by aerischan

I don't blame Dynamite for using variations of Red Sonja #1 cover art for the Red Sonja #0 sneak peek. They're practically giving those away so it's understandable for them to save money where they can. I expect we'll see recolored/full versions of the art used in Vampirella #0 covers in Vampirella #1, too.

lol, what do you mean 3? Red Sonja #1 had the following:

RED SONJA #1

Cover A: Nick Bradshaw

Cover B: J. Scott Campbell

Cover C: Brandon Peterson

Cover D: Giuseppe Camuncoli

Cover E: Cosplay Cover

Cover F Subscription: Mel Rubi

RETAILER INCENTIVE #1: (“CVR G 10-COPY BRADSHAW B&W INCV”) For every 10 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Nick Bradshaw “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #2: (“CVR H 20-COPY CAMUNCOLI B&W INV”) For every 20 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Giuseppe Camuncoli “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #3: (“CVR I 30-COPY RUBI B&W INCV”) For every 30 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Mel Rubi “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #4: (“CVR J 40-COPY PETERSON B&W INCV”) For every 40 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a Brandon Peterson “Black & White” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RETAILER INCENTIVE #5: (“CVR K 50-COPY CAMPBELL VIRGIN INCV”) For every 50 copies ordered and received, retailers will qualify to order a J. Scott Campbell “Virgin” cover at the net cost of $2.00 each.

RED SONJA #1 CVR L BLANK AUTHENTIX EDITION

That makes for a total of 12 covers (1 main/regular and 11 variants).

I was just referring to the Campbell covers: regular #1, virgin #1 and zoomed #0. Same for regular #2 and virgin #2. For Vampirella I believe it applies, too: regular, virgin and zoomed. I don't really care about the others.