• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Insanity said:

me. there's some debate on wither J Scott Campbell does private and or public signings

What do you mean about public signings? like free signings?

He does signings at his booth and he attends cons to do signings (on list at MegaCon). I know he does private with Doug, I have a bunch of books sent to Doug that he is getting signed in a private signing with him for Conque. I believe he has a private signing with him at MegaCon as well.

But, I got him to sign a bunch of stuff at ECCC at his booth. I had a CGC witness there with me.

EDIT: At ECCC at CGC booth, I also believe I overheard them talking about a private signing with him through them. Someone brought them a bunch of Campbell books unsigned and said it was for the "private signing". I assume thats what it was, but maybe it was for a facilitator and CGC was just holding them. Don't know.

Edited by kevhtx

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

then he does both the people i was asking didnt really know so ill trust your answer more now:$

I got this beauty done at the JSC booth when he was there and then when I was waiting at the CGC booth to fill out paperwork, Craig Kyle was just finishing up and leaving. I stepped over and got him to sign it as well. That dude is a SUPER nice guy. Turned out great...

IMG_7514.JPG

I've gotten sigs from Campbell as far back as the late 90's...I've always seen him sign for fans...at his table / booth. What and if he charges now though I don't know. For his private signings, like you I have seen several people advertise them for $30. But I was curious about those x men gold and blue books of his. If cgc will allow books bought pre signed at his roadshow booths the yellow cgc label even if Campbell is not at that show. 

I can confirm for sure that CGC will honor those pre signed JSC books at his roadshow booth. I know because I asked at the CGC booth and had a witness follow me to pick up a pre signed book at this year's Wondercon. Those presigned books are "sealed" with a JSC logo sticker with a COA on the back so they won't let you take it out to look at the back. Now this is only if CGC has a booth at the show. I don't know about shows that CGC is not at. For those shows maybe a facilitator can send it in for you.

2 hours ago, BoBe-Patt said:

I can confirm for sure that CGC will honor those pre signed JSC books at his roadshow booth. I know because I asked at the CGC booth and had a witness follow me to pick up a pre signed book at this year's Wondercon. Those presigned books are "sealed" with a JSC logo sticker with a COA on the back so they won't let you take it out to look at the back. Now this is only if CGC has a booth at the show. I don't know about shows that CGC is not at. For those shows maybe a facilitator can send it in for you.

this pisses me off cuz the campbell booth had sigged merch and the CGC booth was near by..if i can make it to NYCC ill try it there

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Insanity

7 hours ago, BoBe-Patt said:

thank you for confirming! much appreciated.

All Danish copies

On 2017-05-01 at 5:03 AM, BoBe-Patt said:

So ok,  let's say Aspen and cgc are both in a convention. Aspen has some old Micheal Turner books that he signed before he passed away. So what you're saying is that I can go up to Aspen (with a cgc witness) and buy a sealed signed books by M. Turner, and cgc will honour the signature. Not only would they put SS on it but they put the date when I brought it from Aspen BUT many years after the artist(signatory) has passed away????

1 hour ago, combiner11 said:

So ok,  let's say Aspen and cgc are both in a convention. Aspen has some old Micheal Turner books that he signed before he passed away. So what you're saying is that I can go up to Aspen (with a cgc witness) and buy a sealed signed books by M. Turner, and cgc will honour the signature. Not only would they put SS on it but they put the date when I brought it from Aspen BUT many years after the artist(signatory) has passed away????

i've been wondering to ask this as well, but i think the fact that Turner passed would stop that.. somebody needs to test this and report back

2 hours ago, combiner11 said:

I think we are telling you what we have heard or experienced. You would have to ask CGC about it. I would expect their answer will be that it is at their discretion whether they will do it or not.

5 hours ago, Insanity said:

i've been wondering to ask this as well, but i think the fact that Turner passed would stop that.. somebody needs to test this and report back

Well when I asked CGC about picking up presigned books at JSC booth, they said they were only doing it for his booth so far. Apparently the old guy (sorry I don't know his name) running JSC's booth is a Facilitator so that's why they are allowing it. At the end of the day, I saw the old guy drop off a stack of JSC pre signed books with CGC to get graded. So it might not work at the Aspen booth, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.