• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Tough book in 9.8. A lot I have seen have ink transfer from the black back on the front.

Yes I know. There are few in the bay, very expensive.

I'm really considering get it in 9.6.

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Is anyone else getting flooded with JSC emails?  Since the beginning of July, I've received 11 emails.  He's put out more emails than covers (and that's saying something).

Just received two back to back. 

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

It's a gorgeous cover but $800 is insane!!! 

This is one of those cases where people need to speak with their wallet.  I feel like whoever manages J Scott Campbell's product page is way off base on pricing.  I get that it's a 1:500 cover, but at its core, it's just a virgin variant of the regular cover.  With the large number of covers he's done recently of Felicia, the market/demand for J Scott Campbell/Black Car artwork can't be what it would have been 2 years ago.  Maybe if the 1:500 was an original piece and not a copy of the regular cover, I could understand, but you've gotta be crazy to spend an extra $680 just to avoid the trade dress.

15 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

This is one of those cases where people need to speak with their wallet.  I feel like whoever manages J Scott Campbell's product page is way off base on pricing.  I get that it's a 1:500 cover, but at its core, it's just a virgin variant of the regular cover.  With the large number of covers he's done recently of Felicia, the market/demand for J Scott Campbell/Black Car artwork can't be what it would have been 2 years ago.  Maybe if the 1:500 was an original piece and not a copy of the regular cover, I could understand, but you've gotta be crazy to spend an extra $680 just to avoid the trade dress.

It's not only that, I would compare the market value of a raw. It's selling around $225.

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It's not only that, I would compare the market value of a raw. It's selling around $225.

Even lower now - there are quite a few BIN's on eBay for $200. Plus an auction ended for just $92 the other day. 

It gets to $20 and I may even pick one up. lol

1 minute ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Even lower now - there are quite a few BIN's on eBay for $200. Plus an auction ended for just $92 the other day. 

It gets to $20 and I may even pick one up. lol

I just went through the sold. I was expecting sub $200. The $92 would probably not be a 9.8.

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I just went through the sold. I was expecting sub $200. The $92 would probably not be a 9.8.

Listing said it had some "shipping ink rub", so yeah probably not a 9.8. But still, earliest sales were as high as $450, so the trend is great if you want to buy one at a decent price in the future. 😊 

1 minute ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Listing said it had some "shipping ink rub", so yeah probably not a 9.8. But still, earliest sales were as high as $450, so the trend is great if you want to buy one at a decent price in the future. 😊 

Very few of these real high ratios have maintained anything close to ratio value. Yet there are always people that pay ratio when they come out.