The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
32 32

4,363 posts in this topic

37,188 posts

He's not my favorite artist, but I do like free money. The buyer's going to get a 9.8 slab from this, so good for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,677 posts
39 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

First of at least 5 variants for Amazing Mary Jane. 

 

There should be a betting site for over/unders on total JSC covers for future #1 issues.  Like for Amazing MJ #1 you figure 5+ JSC exclusives, at least 2 for normal marvel (1 variant, 1 sketch variant), at least 1 more between reprints, secret incentive variant, or possible con-exclusives. 

I'd set the line at O/U 7.5, with the terms that betting closes exactly 2 months before normal book release and the last cover must be released 3 months after.  Obviously your odds are -110 because the house has to get a taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281 posts
8 minutes ago, revat said:

There should be a betting site for over/unders on total JSC covers for future #1 issues.  Like for Amazing MJ #1 you figure 5+ JSC exclusives, at least 2 for normal marvel (1 variant, 1 sketch variant), at least 1 more between reprints, secret incentive variant, or possible con-exclusives. 

I'd set the line at O/U 7.5, with the terms that betting closes exactly 2 months before normal book release and the last cover must be released 3 months after.  Obviously your odds are -110 because the house has to get a taste.

Do virgin covers count? Because I'm guessing each decade variant for AMJ1 will have a virgin version, so that's 10 minimum right there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677 posts

I have no interest in the title and I've never been a fan of the various "decades" variants for other books, but I have to admit, these first two seem kinda cute and I'm actually digging the vibe a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281 posts

This one apparently encompasses the late 90s and early 00s, so I'm guessing the last one will be today's MJ. 

EFZtB_GU8AAG25W?format=jpg&name=large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897 posts
20 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

First of at least 5 variants for Amazing Mary Jane. 

EFV9NQuU0AINAs7-2.jpeg

Well freakin' done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,042 posts
1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Well freakin' done.

You're into floating dancers too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897 posts
36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You're into floating dancers too?

Believe it or not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,832 posts
22 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

First of at least 5 variants for Amazing Mary Jane. 

EFV9NQuU0AINAs7-2.jpeg

Who cares about MJ?

 

Gwen:cloud9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677 posts
20 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Who cares about MJ?

 

Gwen:cloud9:

My thoughts exactly, but I've always liked his Gwen Stacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257 posts

Leg freckles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77 posts
On 9/26/2019 at 6:07 PM, Kon_Jelly said:

This one apparently encompasses the late 90s and early 00s, so I'm guessing the last one will be today's MJ. 

EFZtB_GU8AAG25W?format=jpg&name=large

This is my favourite one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
583 posts

Jsc slowly coming around and lowering his cgc tax.

Screenshot_20190928-142646.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
32 32