• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Wheels38 said:

I am not normally a Catwoman fan but these covers have looked really cool! I think the one with the cape is my favorite so far

Yeah its another good one, the 1960 TV cover is my favorite. So far I really like 5 out of the 7.
Can hopefully snag a set when it comes out. 

im considering selling off part of my campbell collection including sketch remarks/stan lee sigs.  If you'd be interested PM me and we can talk through some things.  I've posted most of my collection in this thread over the last handful of pages 

7 hours ago, vader1991 said:

im considering selling off part of my campbell collection including sketch remarks/stan lee sigs.  If you'd be interested PM me and we can talk through some things.  I've posted most of my collection in this thread over the last handful of pages 

You have an amazing collection. The Jim Halpert one is awesome and of course I love all the Spider-Man ones 

1 hour ago, Loug2 said:

New to the boards and obviously new to this thread. Big Campbell fan/collector. At one point whenever he came out with a cover I did everything I could to get my hands on a copy, but sometimes it didnt pan out. That became expensive so decided to somewhat focus my campbell collection on his "virgin" covers. Still have a long box of his covers with the title splash and havent had time to go through it to sell, but the very recent stuff, trying to stick to the virgin covers (obviously some exceptions is the virgin cover doesnt exist). Hope the backstory didn't bother you but heres some of my favorite campbell stuff I own. 

Personally, I used to get the virgin covers signed but I felt like it took away from the art so I've been against getting the virgin covers signed. 

20200607_143800.jpg

20200607_143825.jpg

20200607_144221.jpg

20200607_144241.jpg

20200607_144305.jpg

20200607_144330.jpg

20200607_144419.jpg

20200607_144354.jpg

20200607_144443.jpg

20200607_144504.jpg

20200607_145809.jpg

20200607_143735.jpg

20200607_144526.jpg

beautiful collection. didn't realize how nice all the virgin covers would look assembled like this. wow. great collection and enjoy the story 😀 

https://jscottcampbell.com/products/harley-quinn-75-jsc-exclusive?utm_campaign=Harley Quinn %2375 TEASER (YA6HFZ)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=J Scott Campbell VIP List&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJjYmJnZWZhY2VAaG90bWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJIcm5OQ1kifQ%3D%3D

I've been deleting the JSC emails without even opening them, but the fact that Harley Quinn was up issue #75 caught my attention.  I just didn't realize that the current run had gotten that high.  Now, I've kinda stopped buying JSC exclusive covers, but then I saw this was Harley vs Punchline.  The covers themselves aren't anything over the top special (still not as breathtaking as the Black Cat "Le Chat Noir" cover), but the contents do seem intriguing.

Then I saw the price (of the Premium unsigned).  Easy nope for me.  Honestly surprised there isn't some cover D wraparound edition for $100.

Edited by ExNihilo

I think the prices are higher because of the hype around Punchline (which I don't understand at all, but whatever). The A cover for $15 isn't too bad for his store, but $40 each for B & C is a bit ridiculous. I bet they still sell it out, though.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:28 PM, ExNihilo said:

(still not as breathtaking as the Black Cat "Le Chat Noir" cover),

That is one of my all time favorites by him. I don't have a lot of JSC's stuff but I was lucky enough to pick that cover up.