• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I believe that Campbell's work on Spiderman is what has turned him into a superstar. Prior that that...Gen 13, Danger Girl...he never managed to get into the upper echelon of "hot artists."

But since the early 00's, when he began to do a lot of Spidey (and, let's face it, MJ, Black Cat, and other supporting characters), he's definitely become top tier.

ANOTHER J SCOTT CAMPBELL COVER FOR SPIDER-GWEN #1 (and not from Midtown Comics)

http://ruppsworld.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17846

You're Welcome!

Thanks, just bought the set,

Same. Thank you. Not the best JSC Spider character I've seen, but I'm betting this is the one to go for.

Definitely not his best work.

That Harley is really nice though!

So, of all the JSC "women" covers, why is The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina a flop? I am glad I only picked up two copies of this, but between the 9.6 & the 9.8, I might make my money back to come out even. No 9.8 blues on GPA, only SS labels, and even with JSC's sig, it never broke $80. One blue label on eBay right now, sitting there with a $50 price tag.

There is one 9.6 sale recorded, at $25. I have $10 more than that into the slab. (I still can't figure out how that got a 9.6, it is identical to the 9.8, but at these prices, not worth re-subbing as-is.)

:shrug:

-slym