• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

JSC has been putting out a ton of covers out recently. Anyone planning on getting the All New Wolverine/X-23 Variant cover?

:cloud9:

Can't wait for that cover. I ordered 2 :D

Where did you order? Cargo hold is not taking pre orders until 11/1 based on their FB page.

Is there any more popular cover artist than J. Scott Campbell today? I think he's surpassed Adam Hughes as the king of covers.

I think, where once his work is announced, pre-orders go up and in-store copies fly off the racks, while back-issues maintain good saying power.

I'd love to see him do a solid arc on a series, much like how Batman's "Hush" reinvigorated Jim Lee's career (not that J. Scott needs any help with his relevance today), it would be great to see J. Scott leave a legacy beyond covers and the epic initial "Danger Girl" 7 issue series. I know years ago there was talk about a Spider-Man series I think he was going to do with Jeph Loeb. It would be really great to see him back inside the books.

Is there any more popular cover artist than J. Scott Campbell today? I think he's surpassed Adam Hughes as the king of covers.

I think, where once his work is announced, pre-orders go up and in-store copies fly off the racks, while back-issues maintain good saying power.

I'd love to see him do a solid arc on a series, much like how Batman's "Hush" reinvigorated Jim Lee's career (not that J. Scott needs any help with his relevance today), it would be great to see J. Scott leave a legacy beyond covers and the epic initial "Danger Girl" 7 issue series. I know years ago there was talk about a Spider-Man series I think he was going to do with Jeph Loeb. It would be really great to see him back inside the books.

Art Adams is a very good artist.

Well, he did have a rather solid & long tenure (for him, at least) on Gen13 as well. It's what essentially launched his career.

I believe JSC takes a long time with his artwork which is why he moved to covers only. He has also stated on his twitter that he values having a personal life or something tlike that.

And considering that Loeb said that Cap: White is his final comic work for Marvel, I have a feeling that either he's already completed all of the scripts, or it's just not happening

JSC has been putting out a ton of covers out recently. Anyone planning on getting the All New Wolverine/X-23 Variant cover?

Where did you order? Cargo hold is not taking pre orders until 11/1 based on their FB page.

Cargo Hold Orders are open. J. Scott Campbell All- New Wolverine

Has a counter to let you know how many they have in stock, and it looks like a decent print size, not too big.

Has a counter to let you know how many they have in stock, and it looks like a decent print size, not too big.

Looks like 1,000+ of each cover.

Thanks for the info and link (thumbs u

Eh, it's a JSC variant. Store variants don't really hold value 99% of the time, but it is really freaking cool. I dig it. I ordered a set of both if for no other reason than to not need to find them later if I really want them.

Looks like 1,000+ of each cover.

Something seems fishy with their counter. Last night there were only 400 available now it's back up up 900. lol