• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

Age of Ultron sets have made their way into the latest Lego catalog.

gJBYPnb.png

Someone commented that there was no helicarrier pictured. Fear not... (those that are actually interested)...

I just took a look at the German retail catalog.

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/de_de/1HY2015/

These Avengers sets were taken from the German retailer catalog. This catalog does not feature Lego Architecture, Exclusive Creator Sets or any of the other "big" sets such as the modular houses. The helicarrier may still be coming.

gJBYPnb.png

Someone commented that there was no helicarrier pictured. Fear not... (those that are actually interested)...

These Avengers sets were taken from the German retailer catalog. This catalog does not feature Lego Architecture, Exclusive Creator Sets or any of the other "big" sets such as the modular houses. The helicarrier may still be coming.

:applause:

gJBYPnb.png

:applause:

:whee:

Because while comic books ask you to get lost in their world, Lego asks you to create the world yourself. If you can envision it and figure out how to best put what you see in your mind together, you can build anything.

Think of it as an artistic medium.

Kav I want you to check this guy's stuff out. His name is Nathan Sawaya.

http://brickartist.com/

You know I would understand the appeal of creating stuff yourself but when these sets all come with custom pieces that can only be put together one way, that explanation doesn't work to me. Not that it really needs explaining , I'm sure lots of people don't get the stuff Im into, but yeah Lego is a bit if a mystery to me too

There are many that find new uses for some of those custom pieces that you would never imagine the way they are incorporated. Check out "The Brother's Brick" Here is a very simple design where someone incorporated a book to make a mini house. The angled sides are normally used for speeder bike steering vanes.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

15721442590_a28be65426_z.jpg

is it me or is that spiderman i see top left coner.

The blurred picture?

hm

yeah

That Spider-man set is a previously released set currently retailing for $9.99. It is the Spider-man v Electro set.

is it me or is that spiderman i see top left coner.

The blurred picture?

hm

yeah

That Spider-man set is a previously released set currently retailing for $9.99. It is the Spider-man v Electro set.

Dang!

Spidey. Come home!

:cry:

I will admit to have purchased a Lego Custom.

This guy makes these using a tooling process where the details are applied in pretty much the same manner that Lego does it themselves...

ScreenShot2014-07-27at73944PM.png

I had to stop off at Rockefeller Center this evening. On a side note, pretty sure that was Floyd Mayweather who rolled up with his crew in six suv's to go shopping along 5th Ave.

Note to self... one day I want to become so successful one day that I have a crew that requires six SUVs to transport in order to go Christmas shopping even if it means avoiding real challenges like Pacquiao. :devil:

Anyway... some pics...

E706DA07-3979-4267-BA96-2F7EE20C69C2.jpg

It's Batman... every diorama is littered with little Easter Eggs...

Down below you can find Captain Jack Sparrow chasing after the rockettes...

AF1AC053-5DB5-459D-89AC-200B15BB0E24.jpg