• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I watch it, but I wish they'd leave all the politics/political correctness out. That's not why I watch Superhero shows. I think it is ruining the show. I really disliked the whole Boys of Liberty series. I found Nia's story confusing and I miss Monel, I guess he got dumped?

Exclusive: Watch the first Supergirl footage of Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor

lex001.PNG.5371091a4555dc96f0d6e03d202f136e.PNG

Lex Luthor is out for blood — specifically Superman’s — in this exclusive new Supergirl promo.

Jon Cryer will make his debut as Superman’s arch nemesis in the 15th episode of season 4, titled “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” and airing Sunday, March 15, and you can watch the first footage of him in the video above. Based on the new trailer, this version of Lex, like previous ones, hates Superman with a burning passion.

“I want to see if the the Kryptonian pretender can bleed,” says Lex in the new spot. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his contempt for the Man of Steel. Elsewhere in the sneak peek, he yells, “I was the Man of Tomorrow! Not! Him!” And right before a judge renders a jury’s verdict, he says, “Superman made me do it.” Which is a totally reasonable response, right?

Between Agent Liberty, Manchester Black and now Lex Luthor, this season has been much better than the mediocre stories of the past few seasons.

A very solid ending and very Lex-like in delivery.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Lex Luthor killing his entire jury and the judge ruling over his case. I would say this show is shifting in a different direction.

:whatthe:

Lex is the best thing to happen to this show in 2 1/2 years. His scenes and portrayal were actually very good.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Holy! Now the Luthor Battle Suit. :whatthe:

I have seen a lot of episodes of this show that were painful, and hard to get through.  They do two episodes light on message (which is often like a sledge hammer on this show), and lacking the feels somewhat, and the show is so much better. I really liked the past two episodes, they may be the best the show has done.

Either that or they a killing it with Lex. Just needed an old fashion, comic, baddie.

8 hours ago, drotto said:

I have seen a lot of episodes of this show that were painful, and hard to get through.  They do two episodes light on message (which is often like a sledge hammer on this show), and lacking the feels somewhat, and the show is so much better. I really liked the past two episodes, they may be the best the show has done.

Either that or they a killing it with Lex. Just needed an old fashion, comic, baddie.

Agent Liberty, Manchester Black, The Elite, Red Son glimpses of things to come and now a really intense Lex Luthor. I'm impressed!

redson01.PNG.9061af86028b299487ccefcab7c7c3f1.PNG

That suit...WOW!

'House of L' was a really good episode loaded with fun reveals.

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Agent Liberty, Manchester Black, The Elite, Red Son glimpses of things to come and now a really intense Lex Luthor. I'm impressed!

redson01.PNG.9061af86028b299487ccefcab7c7c3f1.PNG

That suit...WOW!

'House of L' was a really good episode loaded with fun reveals.

I have thought this season has been kinda meh to this point. The Sons of liberty and a lot of the alien stuff fall into that heavy handed catagory. Often, making a point or social commentary distract from the central plot in this show. Plus, the Martian Manhunter story has at times been off so far this season.  Just too many predictable or slow episodes, for me, it has been a weak season, and I had been considering dropping the show. 

The last two episodes and how they handle the remainder of the season could redeem it.

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but last weeks was the best in a long time. That Son's of Liberty stuff was boring.

I could tell from the green text.

:baiting:

27 minutes ago, drotto said:

I have thought this season has been kinda meh to this point. The Sons of liberty and a lot of the alien stuff fall into that heavy handed catagory. Often, making a point or social commentary distract from the central plot in this show. Plus, the Martian Manhunter story has at times been off so far this season.  Just too many predictable or slow episodes, for me, it has been a weak season, and I had been considering dropping the show. 

The last two episodes and how they handle the remainder of the season could redeem it.

Although there have definitely been 'dear air' episodes for some time, I've enjoyed some of the Agent Liberty spots. Especially how he was using social media to spread his message which had a feeling of Lex Luthor in his hate for space aliens. So seeing them come together in the same episodes seems fitting.

Manchester Black was just so twisted from the death of his fiance, it seemed to make his backstory more realistic. And the short The Elite spots were quite zany.

“His version of Lex is so calculated, and at the same time he’s composed and calm and then he has these explosive outbursts of anger,” Andrea K. Brooks, who plays Eve Tessmacher, told ComicBook.com today. “Being able to bear witness to that has been such a gift. I feel like I’ve learned so much from him, and he truly has brought Lex to life in this unassuming way, and I love that about him. I couldn’t praise him more; I’m so lucky to be able to share the screen with him, and to be able to create this evil force together. I could gush about working with Jon for hours.”

You can check out the official synopsis below.

LEX LUTHOR RETURNS — Lex Luthor (guest star Jon Cryer) descends upon Washington, DC and summons Lena (Katie McGrath) and Lillian Luthor (guest star Brenda Strong) to the White House. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) realizes she has one last chance to stop Lex and turns to the power of the press to help her. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Rob Wright & Derek Simon (#422). Original airdate 5/19/2019.

Supergirl airs on Sunday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT, before episodes of Charmed on The CW. "The Quest For Peace" will debut on May 19.

For fans of DC superheroine Supergirl, Friday offered some exciting news. A report from Forbes indicated that a Supergirl movie, news of which first surfaced last summer, is now slated to begin production during the first quarter of 2020 with casting information likely in the next few months. While this is good news for those hoping to see the Maid of Might return to the big screen, it also opens up quite a few questions about what the Supergirl film means for other Warner Bros. DC movie projects (specifically Man of Steel 2) as well as the fate of another live-action Supergirl -- The CW's Supergirl series.

Part of the Arrowverse of connected, DC Comics-inspired television shows airing on The CW, Supergirl just concluded its fourth season with the titular heroine having defeated Lex Luthor and his nefarious plans for Earth as well as for getting ultimate revenge of Supergirl's cousin, Superman as well as setting up for what might be the most mysterious "big bad" yet in Season 5, Leviathan. The series, which will return for said fifth season this fall, will also be a part of the eagerly anticipated "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event. Between Leviathan and "Crisis" -- and its possibly multiverse-shattering outcome -- Supergirl will have no shortage of stories to tell.

But having plenty of story to tell doesn't mean that the series will get to. For the most part, there's not a lot of overlap between the DC characters featured in films and those featured on The CW's Arrowverse. A prime example of this is Slade Wilson/Deathstroke who was a major antagonist on Arrow during the show's second season but was off the show for several seasons after due to permission to use the character being revoked as the character was set for movie use. While this sort of permission situation isn't universal -- after all, The Flash remained on television without issue even with Ezra Miller's portrayal of the Scarlet Speedster appearing in Justice League, it's clear that the movie versus television situation is a consideration.

If Warner Bros. did want to end Supergirl to shift the character from the small to big screen, the 2019/2020 would provide the opportunity. Season 5 will see Supergirl hit 100 episodes, a milestone that is generally the traditional threshold for a tv series to enter syndicated reruns so it would financially be decent time to bring things to a close. Story-wise, the season would also offer the opportunity given "Crisis on Infinite Earths". We don't yet know the details of what "Crisis" will entail other than Arrow's Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) will die, as revealed by The Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) during that show's Season 7 finale, but we do know what happens in the comics version of "Crisis on Infinite Earths". In the comics story, most of the various universes within the multiverse were destroyed and of the ones that survived, they were all merged into one. That merge -- if the Arrowverse does such a merge -- would off an opportunity to close out Supergirl.

Even with the opportunity being present, however, there's still plenty of ways that a Supergirlmovie could be just different enough from the television series to allow for both and, based on the limited information about the Supergirl movie, that may very well be what Warner Bros. opts to do. Last fall, it was reported that the Supergirl film would be set in the 1970s and would focus on a version of Kara Zor-El whose pod was never knocked off-course and who made it to Earth before her cousin Kal-El did, in theory making her Earth's primary Kryptonian hero as well as offering a very different story than what we see on The CW.