• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Batman said:

Yes lol 

Melissa Benoist has a blown pupil (following an eye injury) and you guys keep bringing up the scar. What about the eye, huh!?!

As mentioned above, it was childhood Kryptonian chickenpox. A reference to this can be found in the Supergirl Almanac.

To think how easy it would have been if a -script-writer wrote in her head getting hit while inside her spaceship while taking off.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

To think how easy it would have been if a --script-writer wrote in her head getting hit while inside her spaceship while taking off.

It would but I don't think she likes having attention drawn to it. Maybe we shouldn't mention it anymore... You know, just in case shh1.gif

I don't even notice a scar, but I did notice, she's getting divorced, maybe there is hope for one of you guys;) (I have no idea who is, and who is not married;)

From Wikipedia

Benoist married her former Glee co-star Blake Jenner in 2015.[24] She filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, in late December 2016.[25]

Benoist is best friends with actress and co-star Chyler Leigh.[26][27]

Just as I suspected, she ditched him for Mon-el, he is gorgeous....but poor what's his name and poor Jimmy. I'm not sure I remember supergirl even MEETING Mon-el in the comics...at least not in the SA ones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4358158/Melissa-Benoist-star-Chris-Wood-kiss-Mexico.html

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Just as I suspected, she ditched him for Mon-el, he is gorgeous....but poor what's his name and poor Jimmy. I'm not sure I remember supergirl even MEETING Mon-el in the comics...at least not in the SA ones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4358158/Melissa-Benoist-star-Chris-Wood-kiss-Mexico.html

And as I was watching the show the other day, I was wondering if this would happen since they are romantic on the show.

Meanwhile, this last episode brought back better material than we have seen in a while. I was wondering if Teri Hatcher's character...

Spoiler

...was going to kill someone near the end. She came across so intense throughout, it just felt like there was no way she would just ride off into space without some action to recover her son. Though now after what she did in killing Mon-El's father, how could she ever assume he'll just come running back to mom?

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

And as I was watching the show the other day, I was wondering if this would happen since they are romantic on the show.

Meanwhile, this last episode brought back better material than we have seen in a while. I was wondering if Teri Hatcher's character...

Reveal hidden contents

...was going to kill someone near the end. She came across so intense throughout, it just felt like there was no way she would just ride off into space without some action to recover her son. Though now after what she did in killing Mon-El's father, how could she ever assume he'll just come running back to mom?

I was wondering too, especially since her husband was on Glee with her. That's why when I couldn't sleep last night, I was looking it up. I thought Mon-el's father looked so familiar, but I can 't place him.

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I was wondering too, especially since her husband was on Glee with her. That's why when I couldn't sleep last night, I was looking it up. I thought Mon-el's father looked so familiar, but I can 't place him.

Kevin-Sorbo-image-kevin-sorbo-36639954-3

It's been a very long time, but as Hercules I used to like Kevin Sorbo in this role. Fun times!

Superman's Back! Tyler Hoechlin Is Officially Returning to Supergirl

E! News can exclusively reveal that Tyler Hoechlin is officially returning to Supergirl for its season two finale! No story details are available yet, but his presence alone should be enough to excite Supergirl fans everywhere after his first appearance on the show got rave reviews. 

Kara's (Melissa Benoist) cousin originally made his way to National City in the season two premiere to help deal with a malfunctioning LexCorp spacecraft, and then hung out for another episode before returning to Metropolis, knowing that Supergirl could handle things on her own. His exit made it clear he could easily return, and now the time is apparently right. 

After Superman's last appearance, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said he definitely hoped to bring Hoechlin back. 

"We're thrilled with working Tyler, which has been an amazing experience," he told reporters at the time. "We just selfishly hope we get to do it again because it really added to the show in a way," he said.

Kreisberg also credited the success of Supergirl's Superman to the fact that Hoechlin was playing a Superman we hadn't seen much of before.

"We very cognizant of not wanting him to come in and steal her thunder, so this Superman that we designed was something that you really haven't seen too much of," Kreisberg said. "Usually when you see Superman, even when it's in the Christopher Reeve movie or Man of Steel or Lois & Clark, he's just starting out and we wanted to show Superman who's been doing this for a decade and has gotten really, really good at it."

3 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I've had enough of Mon-El already. He's not a very good actor. Anyone else ready to see him go? lol I'm aware most of the ladies would love him it stick around!

I'd MUCH rather get rid of Alex, lol. Mon-el is adorable.

Edited by skypinkblu

Anyone else think tonight's episode was a lot tighter and better written than most episodes? It held together and had a lot of nice action and dialogue... poor Malverne though.  Don't think his first appearance will move too much.  

I did feel the latest episode was better than we have seen in a few of the shows. And now we have the finale synopsis to see where this is taking us.

Supergirl airs May 22:

Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) challenges Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) to battle to save National City. Meanwhile, Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) returns and Cat Grant (guest star Calista Flockhart) offers Supergirl some sage advice.

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I did feel the latest episode was better than we have seen in a few of the shows. And now we have the finale synopsis to see where this is taking us.

It occurred to me that while they did stay away from the uber bad guy/alien slug fest vs Supergirl, it did make for a better story. More drama is good.

Edited by ninanina
spelling error