• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

David Harewood on How the Comics Influence His Martian Manhunter on 'Supergirl'

supergirl-producer-andrew-kreisberg-mart

David Harewood, who plays J'Onn J'Onzz, told reporters during a recent set visit that he has been revisiting some of his favorite Martian Manhunter comics in the time since Martian religion, mythology, and culture began creeping into the show.

In particular, Harewood praised the work of John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake, who wrote and drew (respectively) the character's adventures in the late '90s and who became closely associated with J'Onn during his first big run at a solo book in the modern era.

"I really like the John Ostrander Martian Manhunter series, it's a brilliant book," Harewood said. "There are a couple of stories in there, things that stick out. Where he says he trained as a philosopher as well as a manhunter, and that he's always looking at both sides of the argument. [In the show], he has just slightly gotten into always looking one way. And having his father remind him of his heritage, it's kind of enabled J'Onn to take a step back and be a bit more relaxed about life and maybe a bit more philosophical about things, and hopefully that can play out in some of the scripts."

:applause:

A comic book fan!

Reign is one heck of an antagonist. And finding out about her origin and purpose makes her even more interesting yet also sad. Like she isn't in control of her own destiny.

Where's Superman during all these events?

And now we know what the plan is at WB/DC for the Legion of Super-Hereoes.

'Supergirl': "Legion of Superheroes" Synopsis Released

supergirl-legion-of-super-heroes-1063404

The CW has released the official synopsis for Supergirl's 2018 premiere, titled "Legion of Superheroes."

In the episode, Supergirl is recovering from injuries when Brainiac 5 makes his first appearance in the hopes of helping her.

Struggling to heal from her injuries inflicted by Reign (Odette Annable), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) remains in a dreamlike state, unable to be reached. Mon-El (Chris Wood) recruits one of the Legion members, Brainiac-5 (guest star Jesse Rath), to try to bring her back.

Meanwhile, Reign continues her rampage on the city so the DEO teams up with the Legion of Superheroes to try to stop her. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Derek Simon & Eric Carrasco.

"Legion of Superheores" will premiere on Monday, January 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

'Supergirl's Jeremy Jordan Wants to Play a Superhero

supergirl-jeremy-jordan-superhero-107044

In a recent interview (via International Business Times) Jordan admitted that he's a little jealous of the superhero roles his costars on the CW series get to play -- specifically, the special effects.

"I'd love to play a superhero someday," Jordan said. "I never get to do any of the green screen (special effects) stuff and I can't say that I'm not a little bit jealous."

On Supergirl, Jordan's Winn Schott is largely superhero and special effects adjacent. The character, who is the son of villain Winslow Schott Sr., aka Toyman, started out as a programmer at CatCo Worldwide Media before moving on to work as a technician at the D.E.O. From the beginning of the series, though, Winn has worked closely as a support figure for both Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and James Olsen's (Mehcad Brooks) Guardian, the latter for which he serves as "Man in the Van" support for.

Jordan's recent comment isn't the first time the actor has spoken about his desire to play a superhero. Jordan told Teen Vogue back in 2015 that when it came to superpowers, he had some specific skills he would be interested in.

"Flight or invisibility, those are the two that come to mind as the ultimate super powers that are clearly not possible in the modern-day world," Jordan said. "I think I would rather fly, or be immortal. Also, maybe healing powers."

Seriously, there is always The Creeper.

9dc474b334c7cbf7cbeb445bc937f9a8.png

Ursa returns!

SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE Actress Sarah Douglas Debuts As Jindah Kol Rozz In These New SUPERGIRL Stills

z8quwZy.png

The CW has released 9 official promo stills for the the January 22 episode of Supergirl, and they provide our first glimpse of Sarah Douglas' character, Jindah Kol Rozz.

Fans of the classic Donner Superman  flicks will no doubt recognize the British actress, who briefly appeared as Ursa in Superman: The Movie before returning or a much larger role in the sequel.

The episode in question is titled "Fort Rozz", and will see Kara teaming up with Saturn Girl and former enemies Livewire and Psi in an attempt rescue a prisoner who has information on how to defeat Reign once and for all.

'Supergirl' Reveals that the Arrowverse Superman Killed General Zod

superman-22-1079385-640x320.jpeg

A wink-and-a-nod reference to the Man of Steel on tonight's Supergirl would not be the last time Kara's cousin was mentioned -- and that first time around is bound to be much less controversial.

During the episode, Mon-El makes a passing reference to the Legion of Super-Heroes battling General Zod in the future -- which surprises Winn. Why?

"Superman killed Zod," Winn objected, before connecting that it was likely the Kryptonian general was somehow revived.

Killing Zod in Man of Steel was a hugely controversial move, and with this throwaway line of dialogue, the show has established that Tyler Hoechlin's smiling, charming Superman also made that decision at some point in his life.

Of course, that does not by any means indicate that Zod's death happened in the way it did in Man of Steel, much less (as some people inevitably asked on Twitter) that the two share a continuity.

9 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Does anyone else recognize Lena Luthor from Merlin? 

I'm really beginning to like her character. In the beginning, I kept waiting for her to put a spell on them while pretending to be nice;)

Is that where she is from? I thought I recognized her.

Good episode last night. Though the way Alex was coming down hard on Purity, you knew it was going to explode in their faces.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Is that where she is from? I thought I recognized her.

Good episode last night. Though the way Alex was coming down hard on Purity, you knew it was going to explode in their faces.

Yes, she was Morgana