• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

It's pretty good, but the book rapidly deterioates when completed.

There were books like #10, where it becomes like Mean Girls in high school, that were fun. or #11, where she drawn like jailbait as she brings down pirates. But, her universe gets a bit too crazy for my tastes after #17. I swear you have to be drunk to understand #19. lol

She's been great in other books, she teams up with Damian to investigate a series of deaths in Superman/Batman #77. The Superman: Braniac arc was pretty good, they even made cool animated movie from it "Superman Unbound".

She had a cool villian role in the Superman Adventures #30-31, in an alternate universe. Not in costume though.

I don't know if you have wee ones, but in Justice League Unlimited #7 she goes up against Darkseid and #16 had nifty story about a villian trying to make it home for Christmas she's trying to stop. In #20, she trains Mary Marvel.

I just love the character.

Are you sure about these episodes or do you have the show name wrong?

Do you mean this show?

1312.jpg

Right after you mentioned this I noticed it on Netflix and watched a couple episodes with my son. The numbers didn't match up and I couldn't find a Christmas episode or one where she battles Darkseid.

It's pretty good, but the book rapidly deterioates when completed.

There were books like #10, where it becomes like Mean Girls in high school, that were fun. or #11, where she drawn like jailbait as she brings down pirates. But, her universe gets a bit too crazy for my tastes after #17. I swear you have to be drunk to understand #19. lol

She's been great in other books, she teams up with Damian to investigate a series of deaths in Superman/Batman #77. The Superman: Braniac arc was pretty good, they even made cool animated movie from it "Superman Unbound".

She had a cool villian role in the Superman Adventures #30-31, in an alternate universe. Not in costume though.

I don't know if you have wee ones, but in Justice League Unlimited #7 she goes up against Darkseid and #16 had nifty story about a villian trying to make it home for Christmas she's trying to stop. In #20, she trains Mary Marvel.

I just love the character.

Are you sure about these episodes or do you have the show name wrong?

Do you mean this show?

1312.jpg

Right after you mentioned this I noticed it on Netflix and watched a couple episodes with my son. The numbers didn't match up and I couldn't find a Christmas episode or one where she battles Darkseid.

Oh oh cool, I know what you mean. No, I was mainly talking about her best actual funnybook appearances.

Yeah, on TV she's pretty awesome.

Here's a site, with some more imfo you might like about the "Maid of Might".

http://supergirlmaidofmight.com/about-supergirl/kara-in-ze/

It has a cool episode list of her TV appearances.

http://supergirlmaidofmight.com/about-supergirl/kara-in-ze/dc-animated-universe-episodes/

She's the only character on those programs to have her costume in shreds after a fight. lol

It doesn't include Superman/Batman: Apocalypse or Superman Unbound though. Those are her animated movies.

Oh there is a Justice League Unlimited comic doh!

That makes sense and I might have to look into it. While I'm a Spidey fanboy, I sort of think my son is going to love DC heroes.

(thumbs u

It's kinda hastily drawn, but the All-Ages writing isn't too preachy for kids or adults. I was surprised how good they were actually.

SUPERGIRL Deal Was Made Specifically With FLASH/ARROW Crossover In Mind

-------------------

Apparently, when Greg Berlanti struck a deal with DC Entertainment to develop a Supergirl television series for CBS, he did so with forward-thinking in mind. Berlanti reportedly has it written in his contract that Supergirl can appear on Arrow and/or The Flash. This is scenario is more than possible, it's probable as CBS and Time Warner each own 50% of The CW.

-------------------

:whee:

SUPERGIRL: Details On Procedural Elements,"Awesome" Costume And NO Crossovers

So, we still don't know who will play Supergirl (which is incredibly disappointing), but CBS entertainment chairman Nina Tassler shared plenty of other details about the series during an appearance at the Television Critics Association's Winter Press Tour earlier today. For starters, Supergirl will be a crime procedural, but don't fret, it will have serialised elements too. "There will be cases, but what [executive producers] Ali Adler and Greg Berlanti pitched was a real series arc for her," Tassler revealed. "The beauty of it is now with shows like Good Wife and Madam Secretary, you can have serialized story elements woven into a case of the week. She’s a crime solver, so she’s going to have to solve a crime. She’s going to get a bad guy." Supergirl - and the direction she'll take in the series - was described at the event as "a very strong, independent young woman. She’s coming into her own. She’s dealing with family issues. She’s dealing with work issues. It’s a female empowerment story. If you look at the strong female characters we have on the air, it really is resonant of that … We’re big feminists. It’s her intellect, it’s her skill, it’s her smarts. It’s all of those elements. It’s not just her strength, which she does have."

According to Entertainment Weekly, CBS are hoping to find a lesser known actress for the role, and while we didn't get any casting news today, Tassler did share some details on what they're hoping for from whoever ends up taking on the role. "She’s got to be an every woman. She’s got to be specific. She’s got to be a terrific actor. [it's] looking for someone who embodies both the freshness and the exuberance of being a young woman in today’s challenging climate and being someone who can carry this kind of series on her shoulders. It’s a big, big show." There may not be an actress to wear it just yet, but Supergirl's costume has been made and apparently looks pretty great! "We have seen the costume. Awesome costume." She added that it was designed by Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, the creator of the costumes in Arrow and The Flash. Oh, and talking of those two CW shows, we likely won't be seeing a crossover anytime soon despite what we heard yesterday. "That’s a different network so I think we’re going to keep Supergirl to ourself right now," Tassler added.

SUPERGIRL Auditions May Provide Spoilers! SUPERMAN To Appear?

---------------------

The final video is an actress auditioning for Kara's foster sister, Alexandra "Alex" Danvers. In this scene, Alex is scolding Kara for rescuing people in a train. It is Kara's first use of her superpowers out in public and Alex isn't happy about the possible ramifications.

---------------------

CBS Officially Announces Who Will Play SUPERGIRL In Upcoming TV Series melissa-benoist-blonde-supergirl-cbs.jpg

Congratulations to @itsmmbenoist -- You're in good hands with the DCU & all the fantastic people making your pilot.

— Stephen Amell (@amellywood) January 22, 2015

@EW @itsmmbenoist yayy!!! Big congrats!!! Exciting.

— Grant Gustin (@grantgust) January 22, 2015

I wish there was a superhero emoji

— Melissa Benoist (@itsmmbenoist) January 22, 2015

But seriously, sans emoji... I AM SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #Supergirl

— Melissa Benoist (@itsmmbenoist) January 22, 2015

SUPERGIRL Deal Was Made Specifically With FLASH/ARROW Crossover In Mind

-------------------

Apparently, when Greg Berlanti struck a deal with DC Entertainment to develop a Supergirl television series for CBS, he did so with forward-thinking in mind. Berlanti reportedly has it written in his contract that Supergirl can appear on Arrow and/or The Flash. This is scenario is more than possible, it's probable as CBS and Time Warner each own 50% of The CW.

-------------------

:whee:

this is very cool, but its weird that the article did not mention that Time Warner also OWNS DC, which you'd think would be worth mentioning.