• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Absolutely nothing wrong with Genisys. I really enjoyed the movie from start to finish.

Unfortunately you need to give the Kool-Aid your drinking to the critics. The critics panned this movie and consider the film worse than Leonard Part 6.

Leonard Part 6 and Ishtar. :cloud9:

I think it's time to pull the plug on this franchise...It's been TERMINATED!

‘Terminator: Genisys': Planned Sequels And TV Series In Doubt

http://screenrant.com/terminator-genisys-sequels-tv-show/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

You might be right as it looks like TERMINATOR: GENISYS won`t break 100 million domestic. :o

My have the mighty have fallen!

This live-action Pre-Order Trailer for the upcoming WWE 2K16 video game recreates the bar fight scene from Terminator 2, and announces the T-800 as a playable character.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Genisys. I really enjoyed the movie from start to finish.

Unfortunately you need to give the Kool-Aid your drinking to the critics. The critics panned this movie and consider the film worse than Leonard Part 6.

Who cares what the critics think? I thought Genisys was okay. I like Terminator: Salvation more, but Genisys wasn't as bad as Terminator 3.

James Cameron gave it the thumbs up and considers it the sequel to T2 as he did not like T3 or Salvation.

But what does Cameron know compared to the critics!

I will buy Genysis when it comes out.

And maybe you need to put down that big glass of hater-aid you're drinking, and give the movie another chance.

I thought it was great

And maybe you need to put down that big glass of hater-aid you're drinking, and give the movie another chance.

I thought it was great

Pass the Kool-Aid down here

I thought it was great

Pass the Kool-Aid down here

lol

I'm not saying it was the greatest movie ever made, or that it makes perfect sense given what we've already seen in the other movies, but myself and the people I saw it with found it to be fun and entertaining.

It was great seeing Arnold back in it.

Interesting that it`s struggling to break 100 million domestic.

Currently at $76,970,000.

Not the only one though.

Highly anticipated sequels are struggling as well.

Ted 2 at $75,516,000.

Magic Mike XXL at $55,786,000.

Taken 3 at $89,256,424.

Was it the Jurassic World effect or something else?

hm

I think that the problem may be they are all sequels to movies that don't need them, and that there was no audience clamoring for.

Some movies lend themselves to sequels. These don't. They are just forced movies created by Hollywood's complete creative bankruptcy.

Interesting that it`s struggling to break 100 million domestic.

Currently at $76,970,000.

Not the only one though.

Highly anticipated sequels are struggling as well.

Ted 2 at $75,516,000.

Magic Mike XXL at $55,786,000.

Taken 3 at $89,256,424.

Was it the Jurassic World effect or something else?

hm

I think that the problem may be they are all sequels to movies that don't need them, and that there was no audience clamoring for.

Some movies lend themselves to sequels. These don't. They are just forced movies created by Hollywood's complete creative bankruptcy.

:applause:

TERMINATOR Delivers Terminating Box Office Numbers Across China To Competition

4th largest opening day, ever.

:o

Speaking of China, Paramount's other major release this summer, the sci-fi sequel Terminator: Genisys finally debuted there over the weekend and had a much bigger opening day than expected. The Emilia Clarke-starrer opened to $27.4 million Sunday, which is actually bigger than its entire North American opening weekend, and also the fourth biggest opening day ever for a U.S. film in China, following Furious 7, Avengers: Age Of Ultron, & Transformers: Age Of Extinction. Its worldwide total currently stands at over $353 million.

Arnold's TERMINATOR: GENISYS Rakes In $37.9 Million

Financial analysts have shared their opinions regarding Terminator Genisys‘ phenomenal success in China. In The Wrap, BoxOffice.com senior analyst Phil Contrino explained why a country struggling to put its financial indexes under control, would be the game changer for Schwarzenegger’s film.

“With their economy in the dumps right now, we don’t really know what to expect. But we do know that when the most recent U.S. recession was at its peak, there was a huge rush to the movies. When times are tough, people look for ways to escape some harsh realities, and movies are one of the most affordable ways to do that.”

Every year, China has been implementing a two-month blackout period during which the screening of foreign films is deferred in favor of its own domestic productions. For 2015, the blackout started on June 19, which allowed Jurassic World to show prior to the cutoff.

His Chinese trip during the blackout gave Schwarzenegger an opportunity to engage Chinese moviegoers awaiting the return of the Hollywood offerings. He appeared on the popular show, The Voice of China, with Taiwanese celebrity Jay Chou, and they discussed the possibility of a musical based on the Terminator concept.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Schwarzenegger also had dinner with a top-ranked Shanghainese director-producer, Ng See-yuen, who collaborated with Jackie Chan in a few projects. Ng’s involvement with the martial arts star resulted in such memorable films as Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow and Drunken Master.

Another interesting article on how the overseas market has become a dominant force for movies.

FORBES: 'Terminator Genisys,' And Why We Shouldn't Fear Overseas Blockbusters

The notion of a film flopping or under-performing here only to score big overseas is as old as (at least) Kevin Costner’s Waterworld earning $175 million overseas after earning merely $88m domestic or Sylvester Stallone’s underrated 1996 disaster drama Daylight flopping in America ($33m) but earning $159m worldwide and thus making it a break-even proposition at an $80m budget. What’s theoretically changed is the whole franchise obsession over the last decade. It’s no longer a matter of whether a big film will turn out to be profitable outside of the US, but rather a would-be franchise will continue regardless of what American audiences think. In 1996, there was never going to be a Daylight 2 or a Waterworld Returns, because Hollywood wasn’t as sequel-friendly or franchise-obsessed.

But while it’s tempting to view the success of movies like On Stranger Tides as a mortal blow to studio innovation, it’s a little more complicated than that. First of all, again, your perception of the notion of an expensive picture failing in America scoring overseas as a positive or a negative is dependent on whether you liked that film. While I’m not a huge fan of Guillermo del Toro’s first film, a lot of smart film critics/writers are euphoric about the theoretical Pacific Rim 2 and their happiness is infectious. And there is not a day that goes by that I don’t wish that Speed Racer hadn’t opened in the summer of 2010, where its likely 3D conversion would have probably made it into an overseas smash in the shadow of Avatar and Alice in Wonderland. Second of all, this foreign rescue doesn’t just happen for franchise films.

Chris Nolan’s Interstellar did well in America for Paramount ($189 million) but went nuts overseas, earning $484m foreign making it a massive hit for overseas distributor Warner Bros. /Time Warner. And 20th Century Fox has been flat-out fantastic over the last several years in terms of making worldwide hits out of films that don’t fit the blockbuster mold. Ridley Scott’s The Counselor was a flop in America ($16 million) but earned $71m worldwide making it a hit on a $25m budget. Even a domestic sensation like Gone Girl, a 2.5 hour R-rated character thriller squarely aimed at older American moviegoers, earned not just $167.7m domestic but another $200.2m overseas to give the $61m picture a $368m worldwide cume. And of course, the classic example remains Life of Pi. That 20th Century Fox release, which cost $120m to produce and earned $111m in America, went on to score an eye-popping $484m overseas for a $609m worldwide cume.

Finally saw it. Enjoyed it. Best way to put it.....“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but ‘actually’ from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… time-y wimey… stuff.” – The Doctor.