• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

This has been a great run but I think long term that Silk will end up surpassing Spider-Gwen in popularity. Silk has much more of an edge than Gwen and people like the edge (Wolverine, Deadpool and such)

Yeah but people REALLY love Gwen....

40 years ago

lol Right. Are people not realizing this is neither a new character nor concept. (shrug)

This book is about as significant as Uncle Ben becoming the new Ant-man in an alternate universe.

-J.

This has been a great run but I think long term that Silk will end up surpassing Spider-Gwen in popularity. Silk has much more of an edge than Gwen and people like the edge (Wolverine, Deadpool and such)

40 years ago

lol Right. Are people not realizing this is neither a new character nor concept. (shrug)

This book is about as significant as Uncle Ben becoming the new Ant-man in an alternate universe.

-J.

What about Peter Parker becoming Spider-man in today's day and age?

Not a new character, nor a new concept.

Yet Ultimate Spidey sold like hotcakes, and is still beloved by many.

I think it is way too early to disregard Gwen and her universe.

40 years ago

-J.

Excellent comparison.

40 years ago

-J.

Yes Ultimate Spidey was a creative and commercial milestone. But it's not the same. Peter Parker IS Spider-Man. It all begins, ends and comes back around to him. Gwen Stacy is his dead girlfriend. This other stuff smacks of high concept gimmickery meant to sell books.

For the moment it's working. For the moment. People are free to get into whatever they want. But let's try to break -script at least once and not elevate it to more than what it is or will be when it's barely a month old and all the hundreds of copies at CGC haven't even started flooding the market yet.

-J.

40 years ago

-J.

Yes Ultimate Spidey was a creative and commercial milestone. But it's not the same. Peter Parker IS Spider-Man. It all begins, ends and comes back around to him. Gwen Stacy is his dead girlfriend. This other stuff smacks of high concept gimmickery meant to sell books.

For the moment it's working. For the moment. People are free to get into whatever they want. But let's try to break -script at least once and not elevate it to more than what it is or will be when it's barely a month old and all the hundreds of copies at CGC haven't even started flooding the market yet.

-J.

:preach:

40 years ago

-J.

This is a new character and concept.

40 years ago

Nah. Quite obvious that they still do right now.

You guys may be right. I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

Such a good one liner wasted. :acclaim:

40 years ago

-J.

-J.

^^

Apples and oranges again.

-J.

Not at all.. You guys look at it from a story point of view.. Im looking from a "hot cartoon-girl that sells at the moment" point of view..

Yknow.. like squirrel girl, livewire, rat queens etc..

I'm not a seller, but if I were, I could get behind that. At least for the next 3-6 months.

-J.