• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next CLINK auction is starting to stack up some interesting pieces

556 posts in this topic

The Amazing Spider-Man 238 cover is nothing short of incredible. I am 100% certain it will go for more than I can afford but I will definitely be bidding in the early stages.

I am really glad they put this up this soon. Gives people time to see about putting together funds. I am really interested to see what you are acquiring.

For me this cover absolutely blew my socks off when it first hit the shelves back in the day. If I had the dough I would bid it to the moon to add it to my collection.

The Amazing Spider-Man 238 cover is nothing short of incredible. I am 100% certain it will go for more than I can afford but I will definitely be bidding in the early stages.

I am really glad they put this up this soon. Gives people time to see about putting together funds. I am really interested to see what you are acquiring.

For me this cover absolutely blew my socks off when it first hit the shelves back in the day. If I had the dough I would bid it to the moon to add it to my collection.

I know it won't be coming home with me but figure I will put together the most I can and bid on it. It came out when I was still in college and I remember reading the story and just being captivated by it. One of my favorite story threads.

So, what's the big draw of Spidey 238? I never really dug that cover...

Any first appearance cover is going to be a draw and when it's a dramatic cover intro of a major spidey villain.... it's already a big winner right there. Only thing I never quite liked about it was that to my eye it seems like hobbys head is sitting a bit low, but it's got so much else going for it that it's not even really worth mentioning. I'm sure many would be proud to have it

Hobgobllin never grabbed me. Struck me as a Green Goblin wanna be. But what do I know? :)

I agree and sort of also see...

Hobgoblin is to Green Goblin as Carnage is to Venom as "I'll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy (1997) is to "Every Breath You Take" by The Police (1983)

Sort of a somewhat uninspired creation biting off of an original that's remixed a bit, but has too many similarities that's not so unique.

But sometimes a remix can be better than the original, other times it's just an inferior lackluster attempt to bite off of an existing proven winner.

In this case 'tho I think The Hobgoblin isn't sub-par, not upper echelon but above average as far as characters in Spider-Man's rouges gallery goes.

So, what's the big draw of Spidey 238? I never really dug that cover...

Any first appearance cover is going to be a draw and when it's a dramatic cover intro of a major spidey villain.... it's already a big winner right there. Only thing I never quite liked about it was that to my eye it seems like hobbys head is sitting a bit low, but it's got so much else going for it that it's not even really worth mentioning. I'm sure many would be proud to have it

I didn't realize it was the first Hobgoblin. Obviously that's a big draw. I never liked the pic though...Hobby's head is too round. :)

Hobgobllin never grabbed me. Struck me as a Green Goblin wanna be. But what do I know? :)

Funny thing is that the Green Goblin had been dead for years when I first started collecting, so I've got a big connection with Hobgoblin. For a long time, I kinda looked at the Green Goblin as a scrawny inferior goofball-prototype that they killed off because he was lame.

How long was the Green Goblin "dead" for?

Funny thing is that the Green Goblin had been dead for years when I first started collecting, so I've got a big connection with Hobgoblin. For a long time, I kinda looked at the Green Goblin as a scrawny inferior goofball-prototype that they killed off because he was lame.

Ha - that's awesome! I'm in the same boat - Hobgoblin was the first major supervillain of my childhood.

I am with Dan; I moved right past that piece. I don't collect JRjr or Jim Lee, but that Catwoman / Bats piece is the bees knees and made me check it out right away, unlike the 238.

I am with Dan; I moved right past that piece. I don't collect JRjr or Jim Lee, but that Catwoman / Bats piece is the bees knees and made me check it out right away, unlike the 238.

:wishluck: hopefully anyone with serious cash feels the same way.