• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next CLINK auction is starting to stack up some interesting pieces

556 posts in this topic

Taste differ and that's a good thing,

I couldn't agree more. Everyone has an opinion and everyone should have a right to theirs without harsh criticism, especially with such subjective topics as artwork and aesthetics.

Luckily, some of the stuff I like isn't very popular, so I can collect and be happy without competing much with the masses.

I am with Dan; I moved right past that piece. I don't collect JRjr or Jim Lee, but that Catwoman / Bats piece is the bees knees and made me check it out right away, unlike the 238.

:wishluck: hopefully anyone with serious cash feels the same way.

Good luck. I just didn't realize there were so many Ned Leeds fans.

I am with Dan; I moved right past that piece. I don't collect JRjr or Jim Lee, but that Catwoman / Bats piece is the bees knees and made me check it out right away, unlike the 238.

My cash is as serious as it is meager. :sumo:

My cash is as serious as it is meager. :sumo:

you and I have a lot in common lol

Luckily, some of the stuff I like isn't very popular, so I can collect and be happy without competing much with the masses.

I'm right there with you! Lots of stuff that I have appeals to a very small group if even that. I still like it enough to have bought it though.

Taste differ and that's a good thing,

I couldn't agree more. Everyone has an opinion and everyone should have a right to theirs without harsh criticism, especially with such subjective topics as artwork and aesthetics.

Yeah, collect to please yourself - not to impress others. (thumbs u

Hobgobllin never grabbed me. Struck me as a Green Goblin wanna be. But what do I know? :)

Funny thing is that the Green Goblin had been dead for years when I first started collecting, so I've got a big connection with Hobgoblin. For a long time, I kinda looked at the Green Goblin as a scrawny inferior goofball-prototype that they killed off because he was lame.

Ha - that's awesome! I'm in the same boat - Hobgoblin was the first major supervillain of my childhood.

Same here.

I've always been a Hobby fan.

Hobgobllin never grabbed me. Struck me as a Green Goblin wanna be. But what do I know? :)

Funny thing is that the Green Goblin had been dead for years when I first started collecting, so I've got a big connection with Hobgoblin. For a long time, I kinda looked at the Green Goblin as a scrawny inferior goofball-prototype that they killed off because he was lame.

Yeah, but I'm an old - er, experienced, long-time collector. :)

I've consigned a couple pieces to the auction and I have seen a number of impressive pieces added recently. Looks to be another. Not often you see a page from a first issue Marvel (Avengers 1). Even though it's Loki and Hulk and not the Avengers, it's impressive to see something so early come up for sale.

I am drooling over number of pieces in this auction; which is why I have sent in over 100 books and several pieces of art to raise funds for my painful expensive bidding victories. :banana:

But then again I will probably get blown out of the water :cry: