• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn #100 update - Breaking News

3 posts in this topic

• Administrator

:news:

The below statement is from the Modern Graders:

There are 6 total covers to SPAWN #100

One by Todd McFarlane-

77934967760.100.MCFARLANE.gif

One by Greg Capullo (and inked by Todd McFarlane)-

77934967760.100.CAPULLO.gif

One by Mike Mignola-

77934967760.100.MIGNOLA.gif

One by Frank Miller-

77934967760.100.MILLER.gif

One by Alex Ross-

77934967760.100.ROSS.gif

And one by Ashley Wood-

77934967760.100.WOOD.gif

The problem arose from trying to determine which of the 6 covers is the "regular" cover. Even some comic retail and information sites seem unclear on the issue.

It's been decided that the one *most* comic sites agree is the regular cover (The Todd McFarlane one) is what CGC is also going to go with. The other 5 covers will be labeled as "[Artist's Last Name] Variant Cover".

This may cause some problems with the registry as the Greg Capullo cover has sometimes been labeled as the regular cover, and the Todd McFarlane cover has occasionally been labeled as the "McFarlane Variant Cover".

So, as a result anyone with books registered in these slots will have to check the labeling of their comic. If incorrect you can either send it back for free relabeling or PM/e-mail me a scan of the whole book with the label visible so it may be updated in the system. Once updated you will have to remove the comic COMPLETELY from your registry and re-add it as if it were a new book for the system to update the label on the site.

Being that the McFarlane cover is also the (only) cover used for newsstand editions, it is definitely the "regular" cover.

Thanks for the backup brother!

Gemma, I appreciate you sorting this all out. Thanks for listening and putting up with me. :acclaim: