• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Peter Hsu fans out there??

84 posts in this topic

I remember when these fetched $30-50 in the 80s and were plastered all over OSPG and Mile High's catalogs. This book was beyond huge. Surely there are MANY fans that still care for it and the for the art.. Keep on listing them on the bay and sooner or later someone will come for them.

Maybe it will be me hehe

Not all of that 80s B&W indy stuff was . Some of it was pretty good. Hopefully, it does get some love in the future

A lot of it was excellent. Adventurers, Quadrant, Faust, Flaming Carrot, Tick, TMNT, Cerebus, Albedo/Usagi, Grips, Dark Horse Presents, Concrete, Aliens, Lone Wolf and Cub, Critters, all those great Dave Stevens books, Groo, Miracleman, Etc etc. there is a long list and it's some of the best stuff of the 80s (thumbs u

I called the seller and kicked the tires. Super nice guy; vibe I got was someone that would be great to deal with. Didn't pull the trigger but hopefully someone here does

I hate it when that kind of happens. That's the sort of price I would have paid. I contacted initially when it was listed for 3500 and was told 3k was the best price, IIRC. Didn't want to pay quite that much. Ends up selling for the same or less as I would have paid :frustrated:

NOT the seller's fault as he is awesome (but the art is consigned so his hands are tied).

Some more nice ones about to hit ebay including an Aircel cover and a couple T and A pages.

Came close on one page but couldn't quite close the expectation gap here either.

Again the seller is a great guy. I just think the consignor is trying to get what he can (nothing wrong with that either) and sometimes when you get that first offer and you think there is the potential to squeeze a little more out you set too high a price. Also, I never did explicitly offer just asked what the lowest price off ebay would be and was quoted 2500.

And, I was given the first crack at the new art, which was very kind. I guess I was just too cheap to buck up! :D

Yes, there's more Hsu OA coming as per above. Four more pieces.

Awesome grade's on those books Dan :applause: I did some digging around the house & found my secret stash of #1 skeleton variants :headbang: but sad to find out there no 9.9's :cry:

012_zps0b7e2e8d.jpg

I had about 50 copies collected, including a potential 10.0 that I dropped! :whee: The 9.9 is the best one I've seen other than that copy. Well, those 50 copies, along with my television, walked out of my house last year without me giving permission. :censored:

Love your Adventures OA they all look Amazing :applause: wish I could find this OA :luhv:

1ee699dd-35ea-4f94-bd8e-e42dde485d86_zpsc3d8287b.jpg

And I also love to horde as many Adventures #1 variant covers :insane:

002_zps9c464a7f.jpg

Huge props! My favorite interior pages of the enter series! I posted a scan of that dps to the adventurers thread a couple years back. You have great taste! ;)

That happens to be my favorite 2page in the entire series! Amazing :applause: