• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mego SuperHeroes are back!

35 posts in this topic

I have some of my originals still though many had to be "retro-fitted" when the internal rubber band broke back in the day.

I still remember getting to pick out one at a K-Mart with my uncle. It was the Penguin. I have the Batman, Robin, Joker and Riddler as well. Plus a couple Planet of the Apes. The one I miss is a Universal Monsters "Mummy" I had with glow in the dark head. Long gone.

These are really nice. Unlike the carded Mego-style figures that came out a few years ago, these are Mego reproductions. Not sure if they used the original molds or some facsimile thereof, but I have the Batman figure, and its appearance is identical to the original.

This same company is also doing a repro of the original Mego Conan figure:

FTC_HPBanner_Conan.jpg

Looks like Diamond Select is getting in on the Mego repro act, too:

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/diamond-select-toys-launches-marvel-retro-line-with-the-amazing-spider-man

Love 'em all! :headbang:

Sort of...

http://figurestoycompany.com/superpowers8inchactionfigureswithfistfightingaction.aspx

Just saw these at a LCS. :banana:

m1_zpsf32fd36c.jpg

mr1_zps6e4a0f29.jpg

20141130_133149_zpsa7573d09.jpg

I saw these at Midtown Comics earlier this year and my eyes bugged out. They look accurate to the originals in every way...

:applause:

I'm really curious about the Logo mashup. It's great to see the 'Super Powers' logo and card design back in play. :cloud9: And they're sporting the old Mego "World's Greatest Heroes" tagline.

But why no "Mego" anywhre? Is there a story there? Who owns the rights to their old Logo and is there a reason it couldn't be licensed for producing replicas?

And I get why the 'Super Powers' is there, that same 'fighting action' and all that. Just seems odd they didn't snag the 'Mego' moniker as well.

retromego.jpg