• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I repeat.....

raod to nowhere.gif

It's been that way for the last 200 pages or so. 

I'm amazed that people are still offering advice to someone who already has everything figured out. 

On 3/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I don't blog. My work was done on behalf of my clients and presented to companies and at academic and industry conferences. 

? And you don't have any of the work saved to show?

On 3/8/2018 at 11:07 AM, jcjames said:

If you don't know at any given moment, in a market as EXTREMELY volatile as "cryptocurrencies" what you have, you won't have it for long.

No not really I have it saved on the blockchain and in my wallet history whenever I make a transaction.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I assume that since you put in so many hours studying and learning about crypto you can explain the difference between Proof of Work and Proof of Stake, give examples of which Cryptocurrencies use which, what the benefits and detractions are of each, and what the future trends of each are?  Correct?

Yes, I can to all those questions.  I don't do technical analysis though if that's what you're asking but I already made predictions for bitcoin for this year.

On 3/8/2018 at 5:09 PM, Mercury Man said:

Cryptocurrency to money is what Modern variants are to comics.   No thanks.  I'll stick with the Blue Chips, you chase the unicorn. 

Go ahead.

21 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

As someone who was in management for almost my entire professional career (when I didn't own a business or sold real estate), this statement stood out.  Authority -- in the context of the workplace -- more often than not, has "issues' with someone, not because they're on a "power trip", or don't "understand" something, or whatever reason people think they do, but because of legitmate reasons that affect the business or workplace itself.

If any individual has one incident where "authority" has "issues" with them, then it might be chalked up to the authority figure, and it might be something legitimately unfair -- it does happen, and I've seen it firsthand.  If, however, multiple different authority figures have problems with the same individual over multiple different situations, it's almost certainly the common denominator -- the individual -- that's at fault.  I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of people, either working beneath me (or along side of me) who've lost their job -- and who lost/left any number of previous jobs -- because of what they perceived were "injustices" being done to them, when in fact, the real problem was that they should been looking in the mirror for why the same results kept happening to them over and over again.

Food for thought for you. 

Thanks but I don't say things without reason.

1 minute ago, uchiha101 said:

Yes, I can to all those questions.  I don't do technical analysis though if that's what you're asking but I already made predictions for bitcoin for this year.

If you don't do technical analysis then what do you base your predictions on?  

4 hours ago, Djrodunchained said:

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with dabbling in crypto currencies or flipping comic books... if you aren't doing it on the taxpayers dime. This thread is nothing but excuses and playing the victim, because there is that fallback of government assistance. Nothing will change until you decide to take responsibility for your actions and learn that life isn't fair and nothing is owed to you. You won't get rich quick. Just ain't going to happen.

Best of luck in your life. You have received a lot of good (and repeated) advice on getting a job to support yourself. It does not take months to find a job, any job. Absolutely nothing positive will happen until you take that vital first step. 

I'm very happy you replied. Are you going to assume why I came back here as well? I haven't asked for advice in a long time my friend and since you want to know so badly I came here on the request made by someone in contact with me. In fact, that's the reason why I came back both times.

3 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

If you don't do technical analysis then what do you base your predictions on?  

Fundamental analysis and reading charts from the past. Not the technical but stuff like it's market cap and gains.

21 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

As someone who was in management for almost my entire professional career (when I didn't own a business or sold real estate), this statement stood out.  Authority -- in the context of the workplace -- more often than not, has "issues' with someone, not because they're on a "power trip", or don't "understand" something, or whatever reason people think they do, but because of legitmate reasons that affect the business or workplace itself.

If any individual has one incident where "authority" has "issues" with them, then it might be chalked up to the authority figure, and it might be something legitimately unfair -- it does happen, and I've seen it firsthand.  If, however, multiple different authority figures have problems with the same individual over multiple different situations, it's almost certainly the common denominator -- the individual -- that's at fault.  I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of people, either working beneath me (or along side of me) who've lost their job -- and who lost/left any number of previous jobs -- because of what they perceived were "injustices" being done to them, when in fact, the real problem was that they should been looking in the mirror for why the same results kept happening to them over and over again.

Food for thought for you. 

12 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

Thanks but I don't say things without reason.

As I said, if you've had ONE incident with authority that's, let's say, cost you a job, that certainly could have been on them.  I've worked for some people in the past who exhibited zero professionalism in their job capacity, so they certainly do exist.

If you've had MULTIPLE different incidents, though -- with different people in different jobs in different fields -- and think it's on them, and not you?  Then, to be blunt, you sound like the people who I bolded in my reply above.  And until that sinks in, nothing will change for you, and it won't be anyone's fault but yours.

I wish you well and certainly hope your life ends up in a good place, but I know I've seen this scenario play out before (and I'm not talking about just this thread).  To paraphrase a famous movie quote, "I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it."  Still, good luck to you anyway. 

On 3/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, jaybuck43 said:
On 3/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, uchiha101 said:

Do you have a link to your blog or posts?

I don't blog. My work was done on behalf of my clients and presented to companies and at academic and industry conferences. 

Here's the link to the Bitcoin discussion in the Water Cooler that started in 2013:

On 2/24/2018 at 8:09 PM, uchiha101 said:

Well basically what I said above and that I've gotten into cryptocurrency 

On February 24th when this was posted Bitcoin was trading at $9,682.38.  Today it's $6,793.75.  That's a 30% loss.  The entire crypto currency market cap is down about 44% since the same time (it was about $460 billion on the 24th of February and right now it's $257 billion).  So which was a bigger loss, comics or Crypto?

47 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 3/16/2018 at 10:09 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Gabe, why did you quit Subway?

:busy:

Management pizzed him off?  

Edited by chrisco37

I haven't posted in this thread for a very long time but it is always entertaining to read.  At the beginning, I cared and offer advice, then moved to ambivalence, then apathy, then mild disgust and eventually appreciating the entertainment value.  One could say the thread is grossly mis-titled but given it is one of the longest running active threads, maybe at least that proves the road has been successful B|

Edited by telerites

52 minutes ago, telerites said:

I haven't posted in this thread for a very long time but it is always entertaining to read.  At the beginning, I cared and offer advice, then moved to ambivalence, then apathy, then mild disgust and eventually appreciating the entertainment value.  One could say the thread is grossly mis-titled but given it is one of the longest running active threads, maybe at least that proves the road has been successful B|

Have you ever gone back to the very beginning and tried to do a re-read?  You need to have a good few hours set aside.  And a 6-pack.  But it's interesting, to say the least.  

8 8