• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Not a bad trade, Gabriel and good luck with your current sales thread.

thanks it will get even better when FF 53 becomes hot ;)

Always a brides maid,never a bride. :shy:

haha don't worry soon enough it will become hot :)

What's your reasoning behind that? I'm curious as I have a few high grade copies.

What's your reasoning behind that? I'm curious as I have a few high grade copies.

because he was in the avengers 2 trailer and he's supposedly going to be in black panther, fantastic four and something else

I assume you mean klaw who is in Ultron . Its also the second app of Black Panther . Not a bad book , not sure its really going to take off much but a good short term trade. When the movie comes out the book might see a bump .

that's why I'm buying copies :)

a note -

"he's supposedly going to be in black panther, fantastic four and something else"

Would make sense for the BP move - but he is not going to be in any FF movie unless Marvel/Disney make more deals. They are essentially dropping the comic book line for spite.

Be careful of buying on hype ---- if you get caught in any uptick of "movie" hype - you may not be able to get back your investment. Buying multiple copies of a "klaw" book may be somewhat of a stretch (but who knows)....

Think of the low grade JLA #1s you have - the movie has already been announced- do you expect a huge uptick on very low grade copies?

The book itself is already a key - so there will probably be some increase year to year (and possibly some movie uptick) - but any big rise would probably be seen with a specific JLA storyline or the real first appearance of the JLA (BATB).

Maybe a better way to think of it - diversify! - you already have 2 of the first Klaw (and JLA #1) - great if there is any more of a bump to be had you are covered for additional profit. If you want to look for more - search out different books that you can get for a good price.

The copper black panther 1s - they may see a better price rise as the movie approaches as they are more affordable to begin with.

I do not know your area - but around Chicago there are several mini cons a year. Most dealers will give you a good break if you buy in bulk and there are great flippable books that can be ebayed for profit. You will not be making hundreds a book this way - but starting small is they way to go and being able to move a bunch of $10 books that you paid $5 each (or less?) for will get you experience.

Above all - do NOT focus on movie hype as your only area to work in. It is a very unpredictable zone - dc has not made anything good recently except for batman. Movie hype for them may be hard to come by. Marvel? - has been hitting big on some - average on others. Nobody can predict what will happen when one of their movies really bombs (maybe we will see after ant man, lol)

that's why I'm buying copies :)

a note -

"he's supposedly going to be in black panther, fantastic four and something else"

Would make sense for the BP move - but he is not going to be in any FF movie unless Marvel/Disney make more deals. They are essentially dropping the comic book line for spite.

Be careful of buying on hype ---- if you get caught in any uptick of "movie" hype - you may not be able to get back your investment. Buying multiple copies of a "klaw" book may be somewhat of a stretch (but who knows)....

Think of the low grade JLA #1s you have - the movie has already been announced- do you expect a huge uptick on very low grade copies?

The book itself is already a key - so there will probably be some increase year to year (and possibly some movie uptick) - but any big rise would probably be seen with a specific JLA storyline or the real first appearance of the JLA (BATB).

Maybe a better way to think of it - diversify! - you already have 2 of the first Klaw (and JLA #1) - great if there is any more of a bump to be had you are covered for additional profit. If you want to look for more - search out different books that you can get for a good price.

The copper black panther 1s - they may see a better price rise as the movie approaches as they are more affordable to begin with.

I do not know your area - but around Chicago there are several mini cons a year. Most dealers will give you a good break if you buy in bulk and there are great flippable books that can be ebayed for profit. You will not be making hundreds a book this way - but starting small is they way to go and being able to move a bunch of $10 books that you paid $5 each (or less?) for will get you experience.

Above all - do NOT focus on movie hype as your only area to work in. It is a very unpredictable zone - dc has not made anything good recently except for batman. Movie hype for them may be hard to come by. Marvel? - has been hitting big on some - average on others. Nobody can predict what will happen when one of their movies really bombs (maybe we will see after ant man, lol)

what I'm doing is buying copies for the short term like avengers 55 and selling during the movie hype and release, I have three copies of jla #1 in varying grades that have already seen bumps in their values except for the NG copy. I wish I could afford a copy of bb28 but I can't right now my strategies are simple buy hots comics make a profit and buy key issue comics that have long term value like jla #1

my goal is to have a hulk 1 or af15 but that is quickly getting out of reach as well even in the lowest grades and being restored :(

Your determination is inspirational, Sir. Good luck with your comic book adventures (thumbs u

Thanks just wait till all my comics arrive and movies come out then my negative money spent will turn green :)

today's thought's

I need to sell some stuff before I run out of money :)

This happens, and this is why I don't own my grails. But I do have a lot of cool books

lol I don't even own grails I just own hot high grade comics that I will flip in two months but it's left me dry doh!

8 8