• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

CGC Hiccup

Well I've been send my comics six days earlier which is great but they skipped the imaging process and I get it towards my next bunch of comics I slab :)

Pending comics

JLA #1 NG

Sold Comics

X-men 266

Cap 360

Cap 359

Today's Thoughts

money is rolling in and comics are selling :)

Edited by uchiha101

Ebay update

Their fees make me want to rip my hair out whatever profit I'd make gets eaten up by those fees

Today's thoughts

Ebay sucks

Ebay fees are relatively low compared to the audience of potential customers they deliver for you.

But yeah, Ebay/Paypal fees are IIRC about 14% so you have to average at least about 20% profit to make it worth while - or else do a HUGE volume of sales.

I started my Ebay-selling adventure this year and am pleased with my returns and profitability - but in the last week or so I slacked off keeping inventory up for sale and have learned how important momentum and CASH FLOW is.

Good luck on your ventures! :cool:

Ebay update

Their fees make me want to rip my hair out whatever profit I'd make gets eaten up by those fees

Today's thoughts

Ebay sucks

Ebay fees are relatively low compared to the audience of potential customers they deliver for you.

But yeah, Ebay/Paypal fees are IIRC about 14% so you have to average at least about 20% profit to make it worth while - or else do a HUGE volume of sales.

I started my Ebay-selling adventure this year and am pleased with my returns and profitability - but in the last week or so I slacked off keeping inventory up for sale and have learned how important momentum and CASH FLOW is.

Good luck on your ventures! :cool:

Thanks doing my best :)

Ebay - until you have a strong rep - might be better to use BIN with best offer - that way

Most if the time - you will do better this way with non keys (keys may result in bidding wars) - and you can leave them up for 30 days at a time.

Might also want to get an ebay store set up too - then you get a lot of free listings. Start with basic to keep the costs down.

If you are losing $$$ after fees - you need to get your buying costs under control. Most everyone has some sales under water - but this has to be controlled. Get that jla 1.8 and the IM 55 up,for sale - those would get you decent returns and working $$$ for better buys.

Ebay - until you have a strong rep - might be better to use BIN with best offer - that way

Most if the time - you will do better this way with non keys (keys may result in bidding wars) - and you can leave them up for 30 days at a time.

Might also want to get an ebay store set up too - then you get a lot of free listings. Start with basic to keep the costs down.

If you are losing $$$ after fees - you need to get your buying costs under control. Most everyone has some sales under water - but this has to be controlled. Get that jla 1.8 and the IM 55 up,for sale - those would get you decent returns and working $$$ for better buys.

what do you think the JLA #1 and IM 55 will get me? Gpa says

1.8 $430

IM 55 4.5 $310

and my listings are already BIN and best offers means my listings must suck :(

Edited by uchiha101

Why not try and sell on the boards first? Way less fees. Low feedback from Canada isn't everyone's eBay cup of tea. And things don't always sell right away, though we'd all like to think so

My thoughts as well. Depending on what your costs are, but at $400 and $275 + shipping you may move them quickly to someone who won't reverse the sale.

Why not try and sell on the boards first? Way less fees. Low feedback from Canada isn't everyone's eBay cup of tea. And things don't always sell right away, though we'd all like to think so

ok I'll list what I have on the boards and see what happens but they just say "nice comics" even though I stopped saying that.

Today's thoughts

Yes I finally got a nm 98 comic that I'm happy about

1st Cash plus trade update

Today I traded a IM 55 CGC 4.5 and $116.50 cash

for a nm 98 CGC 9.6

:)

Ebay update

Today's thoughts

Ebay sucks

If you can meet your buyers needs and work your way up to top rated seller status your fees will drop to 7.2% on BIN sales. Having an EBay store gives you additional controls and exposure. With the listings that come with the store for the most part it will pay for itself.

You can also get your PayPal fees down but you will have to call them first. They typically run 2.9% + $.30 per transaction. At $3000 the following month they drop to 2.5% + $.30. At $10,000 they drop to 2.2% + $.30. There may be additional caveats converting USD to CDN and vice versa.

If you can insert these practices you will save about $125 on every $5000 you sell. Good luck (thumbs u

Ebay update

Today's thoughts

Ebay sucks

If you can meet your buyers needs and work your way up to top rated seller status your fees will drop to 7.2% on BIN sales. Having an EBay store gives you additional controls and exposure. With the listings that come with the store for the most part it will pay for itself.

You can also get your PayPal fees down but you will have to call them first. They typically run 2.9% + $.30 per transaction. At $3000 the following month they drop to 2.5% + $.30. At $10,000 they drop to 2.2% + $.30. There may be additional caveats converting USD to CDN and vice versa.

If you can insert these practices you will save about $125 on every $5000 you sell. Good luck (thumbs u

Wow I never knew this can happen so I can call paypal right off the bat and ask them to lower my fees? or is that after I reach top rated seller status? and these numbers are monthly right? If so I could use more consignments to get things started :)

Ebay update

Today's thoughts

Ebay sucks

Wow I never knew this can happen so I can call paypal right off the bat and ask them to lower my fees? or is that after I reach top rated seller status? and these numbers are monthly right? If so I could use more consignments to get things started :)

call and find out. And there might things that apply/don't apply to Canadians. Paypal is in the process of separating from ebay...so things might be changing in the near future....good luck

Today's thoughts

for a nm 98 CGC 9.6

Did that $0.50 seal the deal, Gabriel? lol

Today's thoughts

for a nm 98 CGC 9.6

Did that $0.50 seal the deal, Gabriel? lol

haha truth be told it did you never know and it helps that I asked what his highest offer was and get me a screenshot of it :)

8 8