• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I feel like we are living the blind men and the elephant story. Gabe seems unable to fully explain what is happening in his life and one guys grasps onto one reasonable statement and then the next guy is reading something else that Gabe has said that contradicts the other statement. I get more and more confused and it seems Gabe also gets more confused the further we get into the process.

I'll simplify then.

I'm getting a new resume, looking at career paths, getting help for basic skills and I sold a comic.

This thread ceased to be about comics a long time ago and these boards are dedicated to comics, it's not supposed to be a self-help forum, which is what this thread has turned into. I'm of the opinion that this thread be allowed to die and this will be my last post in it. If the OP wants to update the Internet using free world every time he does or doesn't do something not related to comics, I'm sure there is a message board dedicated to that. Please go find it and let this forum get back to comics.

This is my journal about my ROAD TO SUCCESS and along that road there are things that get in my way of doing comics. I'm happy to have these people give me so much help and I'm starting to take it while I agree it's not all comics and I'm not forcing you to read this either it's just the majority of boardies want to see me doing something I'm showing them what I'm doing.

Edited by uchiha101

I still don't understand your situation here. You seem not to appreciate the time and effort people are putting in to give you feedback on what to do. Your home situation is confusing as hell...you're paying rent to your parents who are supposedly successful but you're trying to the the first in many generations to get out of poverty. Didn't you mention before how successful your dad was and that he sold his business but your family has been living in poverty for many generations? So many inconsistencies in your story.

Gabe, you have exposed yourself to a group of people who are mostly well intentioned here, but as you have mentioned you have some mental issues/learning disabilities, as well as memory black outs. The thread readers here are not trained mental health professionals, this is not a safe and nurturing environment for you to treat it as a confessional.

There has been some negative piling on, because people tend to want to use their example as they had it rough, worked hard,and now do well. Which is fine, and I am sure you heard that. I urge you to not let any negative piling on in this thread destroy you, as your voice sounds very much like a troubled cousin I had who sadly is no longer with us.

Life is hard, for some unbearable, for those who have various social and mental challenges, the 1st step would be to get out of this spotlight, this thread. Get yourself some help, just a safe environment where you can open up, as you clearly yearn to do, without fear of ridicule from those who cannot possibly understand the unique hell you may be in. A one on one with a mental health professional or a weekly group session with like diagnosed people will fill the need you have to share your struggles without the negative baggage.

I still don't understand your situation here. You seem not to appreciate the time and effort people are putting in to give you feedback on what to do. Your home situation is confusing as hell...you're paying rent to your parents who are supposedly successful but you're trying to the the first in many generations to get out of poverty. Didn't you mention before how successful your dad was and that he sold his business but your family has been living in poverty for many generations? So many inconsistencies in your story.

Yes my parents are successful and I do come from generations of poverty and I'm not sure what you mean I don't appreciate it what people are doing here. I'm telling you guys what I'm doing and working on as for the other part I'll pm you.

Gabe, you have exposed yourself to a group of people who are mostly well intentioned here, but as you have mentioned you have some mental issues/learning disabilities, as well as memory black outs. The thread readers here are not trained mental health professionals, this is not a safe and nurturing environment for you to treat it as a confessional.

There has been some negative piling on, because people tend to want to use their example as they had it rough, worked hard,and now do well. Which is fine, and I am sure you heard that. I urge you to not let any negative piling on in this thread destroy you, as your voice sounds very much like a troubled cousin I had who sadly is no longer with us.

Life is hard, for some unbearable, for those who have various social and mental challenges, the 1st step would be to get out of this spotlight, this thread. Get yourself some help, just a safe environment where you can open up, as you clearly yearn to do, without fear of ridicule from those who cannot possibly understand the unique hell you may be in. A one on one with a mental health professional or a weekly group session with like diagnosed people will fill the need you have to share your struggles without the negative baggage.

Thanks for being concerned about me and yes people are negative about what's happening here but that's ok. I'm working on a job, basic skills and I'll see what I can do about my mental health.

BA12 update

The guy actually paid for my comic and a day earlier too so that's awesome

Comics update

I've had some interest in time payments for my asm 300 so if I sell that it's another big comic out of the way.

Yes my parents are successful and I do come from generations of poverty and I'm not sure what you mean I don't appreciate it what people are doing here. I'm telling you guys what I'm doing and working on as for the other part I'll pm you.

I think what he is getting at is:

How can you be poor and trying to break generations of poverty if your parents are successful. That means your parents have broken the generations of poverty since they have done well financially.

I think what he is getting at is:

How can you be poor and trying to break generations of poverty if your parents are successful. That means your parents have broken the generations of poverty since they have done well financially.

I don't know if 120k a year is successful but in my eyes it is. My parents are the first ones to break poverty in about 5 generations so I want that to be something I want because eventually I wanna be my own boss my dad started making a decent amount 20 years old.

I don't know if 120k a year is successful but in my eyes it is. My parents are the first ones to break poverty in about 5 generations so I want that to be something I want because eventually I wanna be my own boss my dad started making a decent amount 20 years old.

Waitaminute, waitaminute...So, if your parents were the first ones to break the cycle, is it fair to say YOU actually did NOT grow up poor???? Based on your earlier statements it sounded like your immediate family is/was currently poor...Are you currently living on your own or with your folks?

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Waitaminute, waitaminute...So, if your parents were the first ones to break the cycle, is it fair to say YOU actually did NOT grow up poor???? Based on your earlier statements it sounded like your immediate family is/was currently poor...Are you currently living on your own or with your folks?

Yes I didn't grow up poor but at 12-13 things started downhill from there and I'm living with them and paying rent.

Yes I didn't grow up poor but at 12-13 things started downhill from there and I'm living with them and paying rent.

Oh boy.......

Gabe, I kinda defended you earlier in the thread based on your comment that you are trying to break generations of POVERTY. Then you disclose that your parents make 120K per year and you did not grow up poor? I'm done checking up on this thread. Good luck with all your endeavors. A little less embellishment in the future might prove beneficial to you and those around you.

Oh boy.......

Gabe, I kinda defended you earlier in the thread based on your comment that you are trying to break generations of POVERTY. Then you disclose that your parents make 120K per year and you did not grow up poor? I'm done checking up on this thread. Good luck with all your endeavors. A little less embellishment in the future might prove beneficial to you and those around you.

I am trying to break poverty that 120k was what my dad was making. It's been 13 years from that time and the financial situation didn't improve but got worse. I did nothing to lie if I was rich I wouldn't need to be on assistance or try to make money with comics or anything else.My situation has been that way for 13 years my parents are too proud to admit they need help that's what the struggle is and losing what I had taught me not to take things for granted but it doesn't stop me from hating it. My parents have struggled financially and continue to do so. I don't know if their situation counts or not but I still want to break the generations of poverty because they ended back up here again so I don't know what to think of that.

I have no reason to lie to any of you and never have sometimes I get confused by what you guys ask but I try my best.

8 8