• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Do you think you have a slight case of affluenza?

influenza you mean? no I don't why?

you probably don't realize this, but you're feeding the trolls, and you're providing so much personal information that people can't possibly get the right context, and can only judge you based on what they know, which is what you've said.

ALL of this should have been:

"My financial situation needs improvement. I'm going to put a stall on my comic dealing career indefinitely while I seek more stable employment and some steady income. Its tough because I have some disabilities to overcome, but I will work hard and get past it."

Instead you're defending yourself and revealing more personal information out of context, and probably feeling even worse about things. Others have said it before: While most of us wish the best for you, this isn't a support group, and I'm not sure any of us are trained professionals equipped to deal with the obstacles you're talking about. All the advice we give, we give with assumptions based only on what you've told us, and that only reveals a small part of the real picture, and makes the advice incomplete at best, and detrimental at worst.

Please take a break from here for your own sake, the marginal value of advice vs piling on cannot be in your favor at this point. There's very little positive advice that can be said to you that hasn't already been said in this thread, but still many more things that can be said to tear you down more, which we all know you don't need.

Do you think you have a slight case of affluenza?

influenza you mean? no I don't why?

you probably don't realize this, but you're feeding the trolls, and you're providing so much personal information that people can't possibly get the right context, and can only judge you based on what they know, which is what you've said.

ALL of this should have been:

"My financial situation needs improvement. I'm going to put a stall on my comic dealing career indefinitely while I seek more stable employment and some steady income. Its tough because I have some disabilities to overcome, but I will work hard and get past it."

Instead you're defending yourself and revealing more personal information out of context, and probably feeling even worse about things. Others have said it before: While most of us wish the best for you, this isn't a support group, and I'm not sure any of us are trained professionals equipped to deal with the obstacles you're talking about. All the advice we give, we give with assumptions based only on what you've told us, and that only reveals a small part of the real picture, and makes the advice incomplete at best, and detrimental at worst.

Please take a break from here for your own sake, the marginal value of advice vs piling on cannot be in your favor at this point. There's very little positive advice that can be said to you that hasn't already been said in this thread, but still many more things that can be said to tear you down more, which we all know you don't need.

Wow you really put that into clear terms revat and yes I just come here now to update my journal and check pm's because my other time is spent looking for a job. Being on here less while still being here has eased my stress and comics is something I've come to like once the stress is taken away. I do want to thank you for caring this much and if it becomes too much I'll take a full break.

Why are you buying comics? ???

I sold a few of my bigger comics and wanted to buy some this time at a better price unlike the other times.

Annnndddd I'm out. On all of it. (unless better price is like $1 each)

Gabe, I genuinely wish you well, in any and all of your endeavors. But literally every comic you buy is like a punch in the groin to every other Canadian on the boards here, who lawfully pays taxes on the money they've worked hard to earn. And now you're using their money (welfare) to buy more comics when you've proven over and over that you understand how to invest in comics for a profit. And yes, when you're on welfare, ALL of your money is welfare money.

Some final advice:

Make sure you report your earnings properly to the welfare departments and the taxing authorities. To do otherwise would be criminal. Can't say you haven't been warned (and most likely agreed to in writing when you accepted the welfare money).

I sold a few of my bigger comics and wanted to buy some this time at a better price unlike the other times.

That doesn't matter. DON"T BUY COMIC BOOKS! Don't trade, don't buy, only sell. Don't try to flip more books. A ton of people are trying to help you here but you keep doing what you want to do. Why don't you just tell everyone here thanks for the advice but I'm going to do my own thing? It would save people that want to help you out a lot of time.

I thought you were going to stop the buying/trading while you got your :censored: together?

I'm stopping trading and I sold most of my bigger comics I'm still working on getting a job and I'm meeting my case worker on wednesday.

Annnndddd I'm out. On all of it. (unless better price is like $1 each)

Gabe, I genuinely wish you well, in any and all of your endeavors. But literally every comic you buy is like a punch in the groin to every other Canadian on the boards here, who lawfully pays taxes on the money they've worked hard to earn. And now you're using their money (welfare) to buy more comics when you've proven over and over that you understand how to invest in comics for a profit. And yes, when you're on welfare, ALL of your money is welfare money.

Some final advice:

Make sure you report your earnings properly to the welfare departments and the taxing authorities. To do otherwise would be criminal. Can't say you haven't been warned (and most likely agreed to in writing when you accepted the welfare money).

No problem I understand and I've reported what I've gotten so far so it's not a problem.

That doesn't matter. DON"T BUY COMIC BOOKS! Don't trade, don't buy, only sell. Don't try to flip more books. A ton of people are trying to help you here but you keep doing what you want to do. Why don't you just tell everyone here thanks for the advice but I'm going to do my own thing? It would save people that want to help you out a lot of time.

This is because I'm on welfare right? If I were off it you wouldn't care? I am selling off my biggest comics I have a few more big ones to sell before I sell off my 5-10 and 1-2 dollar comics. I do listen to other people's advice or I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have my two biggest things that are getting in the way are a lack of a job and that I'm on welfare.

This is because I'm on welfare right? If I were off it you wouldn't care? I am selling off my biggest comics I have a few more big ones to sell before I sell off my 5-10 and 1-2 dollar comics. I do listen to other people's advice or I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have my two biggest things that are getting in the way are a lack of a job and that I'm on welfare.

If you had a job no one here would reject your ideas and decisions. You currently have no job and you are living off welfare. You should be doing everything possible to find a job. I know you say you are but you need to take all money coming in and put into bills, food, utilities, travel expenses and new clothes that relate to anything job related even if that means making yourself more presentable for an interview. Comic books should be the last thing on your mind.

The #1 thing you should NOT be doing is buying more comic books or trading because with trading you still are paying to ship stuff unless it is local. You should stop immediately. Living off welfare should embarrass you. I'm not saying that as an insult or to be offensive to you or anyone here who is on welfare but it is the truth IMO. I had to live off welfare for a short time when I made a few bad decisions and decided to skip out on work too many days on a very, very well paying job and I got fired for it. Not only was that embarrassing but I had to signup on welfare and that was a total wakeup call. I got depressed and had lost my job, later on I lost my fiancé because she got tired to dealing with my pitiful ways, I lost it all. I knew I screwed up and made bad choices. I worked on myself but some of those loses still haunt me to this day.

I searched like crazy to find a job and I finally found one working at a grocery store. To me, that was embarrassing too. Coming from one of the highest paying jobs in my area to a bag boy (no offense to bag boys because work is work) but to me that was where I started out in high school and then, at 24 years-old I was back to my starting point but at least I was off welfare. The dumbest thing you can do right now is continue buying and trading comic books.

I'm not sure how old you are but it is time to grow up. Stop worrying about making a million dollars buying and selling a comic. You have real life issues to work through first before going after a fantasy. Change your ways, change your life, get your feet set and life headed in the right path. Sell every book you have unless it is something you truly treasure and forget about comic books for a long time. You got a lot of things that you have to work on before dealing with a hobby.

Edited by The First Avenger

8 8