• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Sell all your books , save money , start over . No trading ever !!!

I've made lots of mistakes but I'm not that bad I'll just take trades to you guys and see what you think next time they happen and I'll give my way of thinking about it too.

Not sure of the laws in Canada, but what would happen if the Welfare Board found out about Gabriel's comic habit? Not like they would have far to look if they needed to do some digging.

Not sure I report my earnings on the comics if anything.

Not sure of the laws in Canada, but what would happen if the Welfare Board found out about Gabriel's comic habit? Not like they would have far to look if they needed to do some digging.

In Ontario, we do have a Welfare Fraud "Hotline"

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/fraud.aspx

I am not 100% sure if what Gabe is doing is 'technically' fraud though. Kind of like the same thing where you see people get their checks and head to the LCBO or convenience store and drop a wad of cash on Nevada tickets.

Now, if he is not reporting his comic sales, under reporting what he pays in rent, etc., well then we may be in different territory. I'm no lawyer though. The downside of all this is that while what he is doing is not "right", it may not be illegal and/or fraudulent either.

I am not 100% sure if what Gabe is doing is 'technically' fraud though. Kind of like the same thing where you see people get their checks and head to the LCBO or convenience store and drop a wad of cash on Nevada tickets.

Now, if he is not reporting his comic sales, under reporting what he pays in rent, etc., well then we may be in different territory. I'm no lawyer though. The downside of all this is that while what he is doing is not "right", it may not be illegal and/or fraudulent either.

I report what I sell, buy and pay rent on I don't leave anything out and I don't under report either.

It's not a crime to be on Welfare in Canada.

It's not a crime to be on Welfare in Canada.

That is SO not what I was saying or inferred.

Why are you buying comics? ???

I sold a few of my bigger comics and wanted to buy some this time at a better price unlike the other times.

WTF!?? You "wanted" them!???

You wanted, you took, and then instead of taking any spare cash you had and saving it or using it to get a job, you spent it on expensive luxuries and then handed your bills to your fellow Canadians to pay.

Congratulations.

And THAT right there is YOUR own personal "cycle of poverty" that began and will continue with YOU and only you.

Own it - your poverty and your lack of a job is all yours (along with a Tec 359 you didn't pay for - enjoy getting what you "want" for free)

As I said to you long ago - Poverty and welfare have almost nothing to do with lack of money - in almost all cases, it's the consequences of one's continual string of bad choices.

The truth is - you're choosing to remain poor and on welfare. There is no "cycle" - there is only a straight line path to perpetual poverty made by you hour by your, and day after day.

Hell, even if you GOT a job tomorrow and could actually keep it, your habits, choices and character you show off in this thread means you'll be probably living paycheck-to-paycheck (or welfare-check to welfare-check) for the rest of your life because of stupid mess like this.

This is like an addiction for you isn't it? It's like you're just incapable of just not buying luxuries (like expensive comics).

Stop.

Just stop.

Unbelievable.

doh!

I have a problem with gambling if that's what you mean and I'm not sure how you stop it. When I went to get welfare I had 200 dollars left over the funny thing is people gave me money to hold onto and I never spent it because it's theirs not mine. My decisions get me into a lot of trouble and I do need to change what I'm doing so I have a therapist in training helping me.

If you are gambling whilst on welfare, you are in big trouble. That is madness.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Well, at least we know you can use google. Congratulations.

I do know how to use google but I know this because I like quotes.

Why are you buying comics? ???

I sold a few of my bigger comics and wanted to buy some this time at a better price unlike the other times.

WTF!?? You "wanted" them!???

You wanted, you took, and then instead of taking any spare cash you had and saving it or using it to get a job, you spent it on expensive luxuries and then handed your bills to your fellow Canadians to pay.

Congratulations.

And THAT right there is YOUR own personal "cycle of poverty" that began and will continue with YOU and only you.

Own it - your poverty and your lack of a job is all yours (along with a Tec 359 you didn't pay for - enjoy getting what you "want" for free)

As I said to you long ago - Poverty and welfare have almost nothing to do with lack of money - in almost all cases, it's the consequences of one's continual string of bad choices.

The truth is - you're choosing to remain poor and on welfare. There is no "cycle" - there is only a straight line path to perpetual poverty made by you hour by your, and day after day.

Hell, even if you GOT a job tomorrow and could actually keep it, your habits, choices and character you show off in this thread means you'll be probably living paycheck-to-paycheck (or welfare-check to welfare-check) for the rest of your life because of stupid mess like this.

This is like an addiction for you isn't it? It's like you're just incapable of just not buying luxuries (like expensive comics).

Stop.

Just stop.

Unbelievable.

doh!

I have a problem with gambling if that's what you mean and I'm not sure how you stop it. When I went to get welfare I had 200 dollars left over the funny thing is people gave me money to hold onto and I never spent it because it's theirs not mine. My decisions get me into a lot of trouble and I do need to change what I'm doing so I have a therapist in training helping me.

If you are gambling whilst on welfare, you are in big trouble. That is madness.

I agree it's not good but I'll ask about it I know they keep raising my limit of how much money I can earn and she also mentioned buying but I'll ask again about it.

So the government has raised how much money you can earn "on your own" before they reduce your social assistance? Is that what you are saying?

What do you mean by "she also mentioned buying"?

Yes I believe they raise how much I'm allowed to earn every month by 100 and she said something about buying and receiving gifts but I paid attention to how much income I'm allowed to make and next time I'll see her I'll ask again because she said you can get gifts up to 8000 cash or valuables.

8 8