• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

...and because I didn't finish college I shouldn't put it on there. Also he said I should mark my highest education as grade 12 I was under the impression that checking that off doesn't specify if you got your diploma or not.

Some college is better than no college, not sure why he'd tell you to take it off.

I agree some college is better than none (shows a level of desire for further education.

Maybe he thinks that showing that you "quit" college that it might cast you in a poor light (as someone who quits/gives up). I can see his perspective, especially since your resume as a whole doesnt show a lot of long term commitment... so why add to that narrative?

(here's a though, were you in any clubs/activities for a long time? It might be good to include them somehow if possible on your resume to show that you CAN commit to something long term)

keep the enthusiasm!

Archie #4 update

Apparently he's been on vacation on decided not to tell me an he said he's sending it on Saturday on as soon as as I get the comic I'll end the claim but I'll tell him to have better communication next time as having zero feedbacks was bad enough haha.

Sold Comics

ASM 361 Copy #4

Resume update

I went to get resume help with my case worker and he noticed all your guys suggestions and he asked me who helped me with this and I said some nice people I know. He then told me to simplify it because you guys made my experience sound awesome haha but he said it will take him about 3 days since he'll take everything apart and use what he knows, what I've told him and your guys suggestions I'm excited to see my resume.

He also said that my interview skills suck and because I didn't finish college I shouldn't put it on there. Also he said I should mark my highest education as grade 12 I was under the impression that checking that off doesn't specify if you got your diploma or not.

Anyone know how to improve interview skills? Maybe a couple acting classes or something similar will get you more confident in front of people. I've always been good in an interview and it has helped me a lot more then a resume ever has.

Here is a book that changed my life as a young man. Back in 84 I was still in high school but I had a job at a Ford dealer selling cars. Aside from the pretty pay checks, I learned a lot of lessons in life that I still use to this day in my own store, at shows, or anywhere for that matter. Selling is instinctual, it's in you even though you can be taught. Building your confidence up in the business world is important for meetings and interviews when you are selling yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Sell-Anything-Anybody-Girard/dp/0743273966

Archie #4 update

Apparently he's been on vacation on decided not to tell me an he said he's sending it on Saturday on as soon as as I get the comic I'll end the claim but I'll tell him to have better communication next time as having zero feedbacks was bad enough haha.

Sold Comics

ASM 361 Copy #4

Resume update

I went to get resume help with my case worker and he noticed all your guys suggestions and he asked me who helped me with this and I said some nice people I know. He then told me to simplify it because you guys made my experience sound awesome haha but he said it will take him about 3 days since he'll take everything apart and use what he knows, what I've told him and your guys suggestions I'm excited to see my resume.

He also said that my interview skills suck and because I didn't finish college I shouldn't put it on there. Also he said I should mark my highest education as grade 12 I was under the impression that checking that off doesn't specify if you got your diploma or not.

Some college is better than no college, not sure why he'd tell you to take it off.

He told me because I didn't complete it there's no point wasting other people time by having them look at it.

Archie #4 update

Sold Comics

ASM 361 Copy #4

Resume update

Gabe, how long were you enrolled in college? Did you get one year in? Regardless, should probably trust the guy who does this for a living?

I was there for about a year.

...and because I didn't finish college I shouldn't put it on there. Also he said I should mark my highest education as grade 12 I was under the impression that checking that off doesn't specify if you got your diploma or not.

I agree some college is better than none (shows a level of desire for further education.

Maybe he thinks that showing that you "quit" college that it might cast you in a poor light (as someone who quits/gives up). I can see his perspective, especially since your resume as a whole doesnt show a lot of long term commitment... so why add to that narrative?

(here's a though, were you in any clubs/activities for a long time? It might be good to include them somehow if possible on your resume to show that you CAN commit to something long term)

keep the enthusiasm!

I guess the only clubs I remember being in was soccer, seniors in cyberspace and badminton.

Archie #4 update

Sold Comics

ASM 361 Copy #4

Resume update

Anyone know how to improve interview skills? Maybe a couple acting classes or something similar will get you more confident in front of people. I've always been good in an interview and it has helped me a lot more then a resume ever has.

I'm going on the 17th to brush up on my interview skills and about acting I suck at it because I don't fake my emotions the only way I act is by getting into a memory that made me feel a certain way.

Here is a book that changed my life as a young man. Back in 84 I was still in high school but I had a job at a Ford dealer selling cars. Aside from the pretty pay checks, I learned a lot of lessons in life that I still use to this day in my own store, at shows, or anywhere for that matter. Selling is instinctual, it's in you even though you can be taught. Building your confidence up in the business world is important for meetings and interviews when you are selling yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Sell-Anything-Anybody-Girard/dp/0743273966

I do like reading thanks I'll check it out.

Archie #4 update 3

I did receive the comic but I've very unhappy with it so I'm asking for a refund I even asked the seller if there are any problems "nope no problems at all"

It's cover was completely split and detached from the comic, pieces missing, ad pages missing and water damage.

Resume update

I got my resume and not happy about this one and maybe I'm wrong but I don't like it because it looks like a wall of text now and I don't think employers have time to read that.

Trade update

It's been 10 business days and I had to call the po back and they told me they're not sure if they can get my money back.

Thoughts and plans

Sell off my biggest comics which would now be archie #320 and asm 300

Archie #4 update 3

I did receive the comic but I've very unhappy with it so I'm asking for a refund I even asked the seller if there are any problems "nope no problems at all"

It's cover was completely split and detached from the comic, pieces missing, ad pages missing and water damage.

Resume update

I got my resume and not happy about this one and maybe I'm wrong but I don't like it because it looks like a wall of text now and I don't think employers have time to read that.

Trade update

It's been 10 business days and I had to call the po back and they told me they're not sure if they can get my money back.

Thoughts and plans

wasn't the ASM 300 double or triple signed? -- check the WTB forum - someone is looking for one

Archie #4 update 3

Resume update

Trade update

Thoughts and plans

wasn't the ASM 300 double or triple signed? -- check the WTB forum - someone is looking for one

It's triple signed and thanks I'll check it out.

Archie #4 update

Sold Comics

ASM 361 Copy #4

Resume update

I'm going on the 17th to brush up on my interview skills and about acting I suck at it because I don't fake my emotions the only way I act is by getting into a memory that made me feel a certain way.

It's natural to be nervous at an interview. Like anything else practice will make it easier. Pro hockey players practice all the time for a reason.

Ask a friend or family member to sit with you and do mock interviews. Ask them to create a long list of questions based on your resume and what a typical employer might ask for an entry level position.

Make it as real as possible and take it very seriously. Dress up like you would for a real interview, have your friend at a desk and have you enter the room and shake hands. Once the interview is over shake hands again and leave the room. Then do it again and again. The interviewer should ask some different questions each interview so that you cover most questions likely to be asked. If you're doing it right and taking it serious you should feel nervous even for the mock interviews.

When you go for a real interview you'll have a good idea what to expect, what they're gonna ask and how to conduct yourself from start to finish. When the interviewer asks a question you'll likely have an aha moment and smile inside because you heard a similar question during the mock interviews.

Archie #4 update

Sold Comics

ASM 361 Copy #4

Resume update

It's natural to be nervous at an interview. Like anything else practice will make it easier. Pro hockey players practice all the time for a reason.

Ask a friend or family member to sit with you and do mock interviews. Ask them to create a long list of questions based on your resume and what a typical employer might ask for an entry level position.

Make it as real as possible and take it very seriously. Dress up like you would for a real interview, have your friend at a desk and have you enter the room and shake hands. Once the interview is over shake hands again and leave the room. Then do it again and again. The interviewer should ask some different questions each interview so that you cover most questions likely to be asked. If you're doing it right and taking it serious you should feel nervous even for the mock interviews.

When you go for a real interview you'll have a good idea what to expect, what they're gonna ask and how to conduct yourself from start to finish. When the interviewer asks a question you'll likely have an aha moment and smile inside because you heard a similar question during the mock interviews.

Thanks I'll ask some friends to help me out with this and I'm also going to get help from my caseworker as I need lots of practice with this.

In the States there are classes you can take (they cost money) called Social Bridges. You should see if s similar program is available in Canada which provides the necessary social skills to interact with others, to hold a job and to be self sufficient.

In the States there are classes you can take (they cost money) called Social Bridges. You should see if s similar program is available in Canada which provides the necessary social skills to interact with others, to hold a job and to be self sufficient.

I'll ask my caseworker about that and see what she says.

8 8