• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Comics Update

The buyer still hasn't paid for my comic even though she asked for more time so it was time to open a case against her. I've tried messaging her, invoicing her, calling her and nothing.

It's thru E-Bay right? Just file the claim and move on. People flake out all the time on E-Bay so spend as little time with them as possible. File the claim and put it back up on E-Bay. Easy as pie.

Already did file it I just put the update here as I'm willing to work with most people as long as they don't flake like she did if they did I open a case against them and block them.

Job update

I got a job as a dishwasher/prep cook and will be starting on the 10th

Consignment Update

I've sold the comics and taken my 35% cut plus he added a comic and said drinks are on him I think that was awesome on his part and in a few weeks he'll be sending me more comics.

Edited by uchiha101

Job update

Consignment Update

I've sold the comics and taken my 30% cut.

Wonderful, congrats on the job.

Thanks I'm happy I got it tbh.

Job update

:cool: Congrats!

awesome - I was thinking that this kind of position would be a good match for you -

you do not need experience to get into a entry level kitchen job - and then you can learn a lot and move up - with TIME.

Just be positive - realize that it is an entry job so you are the scrub for the moment (you will probable get the less desirable tasks in the kitchen for a while) - work hard and observe/learn everything you can. Be PATIENT about moving up or being assigned new responsibilities - and you should be fine.

Job update

:cool: Congrats!

awesome - I was thinking that this kind of position would be a good match for you -

you do not need experience to get into a entry level kitchen job - and then you can learn a lot and move up - with TIME.

Just be positive - realize that it is an entry job so you are the scrub for the moment (you will probable get the less desirable tasks in the kitchen for a while) - work hard and observe/learn everything you can. Be PATIENT about moving up or being assigned new responsibilities - and you should be fine.

With this job it's 15-20 hours a week plus tips because the waitresses have to share with the kitchen staff and I do have some experience as it was my previous job so I have a advantage there once things return to normal I'll be able to buy more comics :)

Another perk to dishwashing is free or reduced price food. I remember a few jobs of this nature when I was young..... one, an Italian Pizza joint, where all meals while you were on the clock were free..... and another at a Country Club.... while not free, plates would come back with obviously untouched food :cloud9: I never realized how many people did NOT like scallops lol ....mmmm, tasty. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Another perk to dishwashing is free or reduced price food. I remember a few jobs of this nature when I was young..... one, an Italian Pizza joint, where all meals while you were on the clock were free..... and another at a Country Club.... while not free, plates would come back with obviously untouched food :cloud9: I never realized how many people did NOT like scallops lol ....mmmm, tasty. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah I got a free meal with a drink and dessert at my last place I worked and I'll take anything but seafood, olives and tomatoes :)

Good for you - hope it works out well for you, and you get a period of stable employment for some years to come.

Well Done Gabe.

Good for you - hope it works out well for you, and you get a period of stable employment for some years to come.

Well Done Gabe.

Thanks while I'll have a job I'll take on some upgrading courses for math and English.

8 8