• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

So, Gabe, what is the situation on the job front? Still at the same place? New place? How many hours per week?

I mean, between posting, and you saying you have been to a bunch of places this week or so to check out to see if they had comics and online dealings, just curious to see how things are going "in the real world".

In the real world everything is still the same

So still only 20 some odd hours per week making minimum wage?

Have you done any other serious job hunting and/or skill building?

So, Gabe, what is the situation on the job front? Still at the same place? New place? How many hours per week?

I mean, between posting, and you saying you have been to a bunch of places this week or so to check out to see if they had comics and online dealings, just curious to see how things are going "in the real world".

I'm sure we all know the answer to both of those questions is "NO", but I'm also sure he's working on it. (thumbs u

For those of us not in the USA/Canada - what is a "Harambe" book, and what does a variant look like.

Any pics Gabe - I have no idea which books these are?

These are the harambe variant comics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322294005404?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm not a big fan of these manufactured "rarities". How long do you plan on holding these before you flip them?

As soon as I get them

Yes I'm doing but hunting but no skill building yet. What I'm looking for is a job with more hours.

Don't do it Gabe. You get a full time job and this thread will never be the same. You have brought the CGC community together in a way I though impossible.

Don't do it Gabe. You get a full time job and this thread will never be the same. You have brought the CGC community together in a way I though impossible.

You're not kidding! The only difference between a trip to the state fair and reading Gabes posts is when I'm reading his posts there's no place to buy a corn dog.

I'm glad I made it happen but it's interesting you wanted to use reverse psychology. I do need more hours and it's something I realize believe me.

You're not kidding! The only difference between a trip to the state fair and reading Gabes posts is when I'm reading his posts there's no place to buy a corn dog.

Maybe I should start selling them ;)

You're a riot, Gabe, old chap. Not only do you buy horrible books to flip, but now you're wasting your (admittedly near worthless) time actually thinking up how to brag about it if and when you sell them. Notice, I didn't say "for a profit", just "sold them". Even if you do manage to sucker someone with less comic savvy, or any savvy, for that matter, than you (if such a person even exists, which I doubt), what will you have accomplished? You might make $30-$50 profit, maybe, on both books, after you've spent umpteen hours listing them on eBay, Facebook, kijiji and who knows where else. That's smart. By the way, the village just called...

No I will brag about comics that you "pros" say I can't sell because to me that means I've seen something you haven't. Also I really don't spend much time at all on my comics after I list I just wait till someone asks me a questions or makes a offer.

I've always kind of wondered why you rarely ask for advice on specific books here before you buy them. I think I understand it now...you think if you ask you will be revealing "secret" information that the "pros" here would jump all over and steal your market away.

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here will be jumping on the "pink variant" or restored, mid grade semi key at GPA high market anytime soon bro.

No it's about making a profit and comics you say are a waste of time and won't make money.

I hope you make a profit, because that would be better than what you do 80% of the time. I just think you could use your money better on finding sure things as opposed to gambles that have minimal return. But hey, I'm not even a "pro" and you seem to have it all figured out (shrug)

Yes I'm doing but hunting but no skill building yet. What I'm looking for is a job with more hours.

What about getting a 2nd part time job? McDonalds is always hiring 2c

I cannot believe that no one else in this thread has clarified the point that ADHD is NOT a learning disability. True, it might have affect on how one learns, but it is NOT classified as a disability, at least not in the United States.

Is that what he has? I recall him saying that he said they've never been able to figure out exactly what his disability was.

I'm glad I made it happen but it's interesting you wanted to use reverse psychology. I do need more hours and it's something I realize believe me.

No reverse psychology intended - I really would miss this thread. The longevity and scope of this thread is staggering when you look back at it all. I've seen better threads fade into oblivion after only a week but yours just seem to have a life of its own. For those about to rock - we salute you.

I'm pretty sure even McDonalds doesn't hire people that have to be TOLD to shower every day.

I cannot believe that no one else in this thread has clarified the point that ADHD is NOT a learning disability. True, it might have affect on how one learns, but it is NOT classified as a disability, at least not in the United States.

Is that what he has? I recall him saying that he said they've never been able to figure out exactly what his disability was.

That might be because laziness isn't a disability. It's a choice.

I agree, but I think most people (most likely including the OP) are under the impression that there are multiple 'impairments' in play here, from mental to learning, to emotional to psychological and possibly to health/physical development. There are certainly some more specific conclusions about some of these impairments that can be drawn, but I know that I wouldn't be comfortable suggesting those in public, as I'm not a trained or licensed professional. Suffice it to say there may be other 'capacity' issues in play.

Which is why the advice even the best and simplest advice usually hasn't found its mark. And when it has, execution has been lacking. And self-analysis and self-awareness appear to be impossible. Which is why poor decisions continue to be made, and why they will continue to be made. Which is why ALL purchases should stop. Which is why professional (medical and psychological) help and (academic or vocational) education are really the ONLY steps that can lead to a better life and realistic pursuit of goals for the OP.

You're a riot, Gabe, old chap. Not only do you buy horrible books to flip, but now you're wasting your (admittedly near worthless) time actually thinking up how to brag about it if and when you sell them. Notice, I didn't say "for a profit", just "sold them". Even if you do manage to sucker someone with less comic savvy, or any savvy, for that matter, than you (if such a person even exists, which I doubt), what will you have accomplished? You might make $30-$50 profit, maybe, on both books, after you've spent umpteen hours listing them on eBay, Facebook, kijiji and who knows where else. That's smart. By the way, the village just called...

No I will brag about comics that you "pros" say I can't sell because to me that means I've seen something you haven't. Also I really don't spend much time at all on my comics after I list I just wait till someone asks me a questions or makes a offer.

I've always kind of wondered why you rarely ask for advice on specific books here before you buy them. I think I understand it now...you think if you ask you will be revealing "secret" information that the "pros" here would jump all over and steal your market away.

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here will be jumping on the "pink variant" or restored, mid grade semi key at GPA high market anytime soon bro.

No it's about making a profit and comics you say are a waste of time and won't make money.

I hope you make a profit, because that would be better than what you do 80% of the time. I just think you could use your money better on finding sure things as opposed to gambles that have minimal return. But hey, I'm not even a "pro" and you seem to have it all figured out (shrug)

Agreed the majority of my comics I've bought have been losses.

It's classified as a disability in Canada but that's not what I have. According to my psychological profile I have a learning disability but further testing would need to be done to know what it is.

Applying there tomorrow

Correct as of right now they don't know what it is either.

8 8