• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Whats your current inventory?

Can you break it down to:

Books you will sell in <45 days, 45-180 days, >180 days

Fun task no putting books into a category with a condition such as *this will sell if XYZ happens* (such as they announce Aphra is getting her own series).

:bump:

That was harder to do then I thought but I do have some comics I know I want to sell in 30-45 days if possible.

IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS

FF 53 CGC 7.0

Immortal Ion Fist 17 CGC 9.8

I dont think the "buy on the way back down" works for the current market in terms of movie speculation/payoff movies

When movie speculation movies start to go back down its after the selloff begins, and there's usually not a short/midterm rebound... and often not a long term one either....

When they start to go down its beca

Yeah you have a point there and I forgot about that so my focus would have to be short term unless I buy something really cheap

If you believe you should buy on the way down Uncanny XMen 141 and Thor 344 are great picks.

Thor 344 would I don't see anything happening with X-men 141 other then it being a key issue

He was being sarcastic. Neither book is considered hot or really a book you should be buying at near the going rate if you want to make a profit.

Fun task no putting books into a category with a condition such as *this will sell if XYZ happens* (such as they announce Aphra is getting her own series).

That was harder to do then I thought but I do have some comics I know I want to sell in 30-45 days if possible.

IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS

FF 53 CGC 7.0

It's not supposed to be super easy. There is a reason to it. Would be awesome to include buy prices and your realistic sell price too.

If you believe you should buy on the way down Uncanny XMen 141 and Thor 344 are great picks.

Thor 344 would I don't see anything happening with X-men 141 other then it being a key issue

He was being sarcastic. Neither book is considered hot or really a book you should be buying at near the going rate if you want to make a profit.

Ah ok I already bought a cheap copy of Thor 344 and you have a point.

IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS

FF 53 CGC 7.0

It's not supposed to be super easy. There is a reason to it. Would be awesome to include buy prices and your realistic sell price too.

IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS Paid $191

Want to sell for $300

FF 53 CGC 7.0 Paid $135

Want to sell for $150-175

Immortal Ion Fist 17 CGC 9.8 Paid $115

Want to sell for $150-180

Edited by uchiha101

And how do you expect to sell the ff53 for any profit when only ONCE this year would you have made money on it???

Good question. I was thinking of listing locally or on FB to see what happens as locally there aren't many good comics for sale in my area and on FB they like to haggle.

Comics sold

Immortal Iron Fist 17 CGC 9.8 $130

Is that a $15 profit after all fees etc?

Just another word of advice...spending $115 to net $15 is not the best business model, especially when you don't deal in volume 2c

Comics sold

Just another word of advice...spending $115 to net $15 is not the best business model, especially when you don't deal in volume 2c

Yes and that's because I wanted a quick sale today, I also hope to sell my IH 180 today as well.

Comics sold

Yes and that's because I wanted a quick sale today, I also hope to sell my IH 180 today as well.

So willing to sell it for $200 to make a few $ quick today...or a case of Xforce 1s?

Comics sold

So willing to sell it for $200 to make a few $ quick today...or a case of Xforce 1s?

No sticking to 275 but thanks

Comics sold

Batman 189 CGC 7.0 Restored

How'd you do on the restored #189?

Not sure I'll let you know on Monday

It's sold, but you don't know how you did?

???

8 8