• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

No matter the reasons or what you type here, your actions define who you really are. I would hazard a guess that most folks are already disappointed in your comic selling actions, but knowingly spending money that wasn't yours is just down right dishonest. New low for you.

Spending money that wasn't mine? Yes it wasn't mine and I tried more then once to give it back and they didn't want it and because of that I had to use the money because at that time I had no other choice if you want to consider it low then go right ahead.

When I told them what I did they didn't even care they just said they would work out a payment plan.

Are you seriously trying to justify spending money that doesn't belong to you? How could any perspective comic buyer possibly trust sending you money, or anyone trust sending you a consignment, knowing that if they are not happy with their purchase or you sell an item for them, you might get desperate enough, and spend their money on yourself and not be able to refund them or pay them? Please understand this is a rhetorical question. Your admitted actions have already answered this question for you. While I certainly have no right to judge you, your actions once again, speak louder than any words you might say.

So you needed government assistance while living with your parents to pay them rent?

Sorry if I haven't kept up

Yes because they charged me rent no matter what and if I didn't pay they would kick me out.

No matter the reasons or what you type here, your actions define who you really are. I would hazard a guess that most folks are already disappointed in your comic selling actions, but knowingly spending money that wasn't yours is just down right dishonest. New low for you.

Spending money that wasn't mine? Yes it wasn't mine and I tried more then once to give it back and they didn't want it and because of that I had to use the money because at that time I had no other choice if you want to consider it low then go right ahead.

When I told them what I did they didn't even care they just said they would work out a payment plan.

Are you seriously trying to justify spending money that doesn't belong to you? How could any perspective comic buyer possibly trust sending you money, or anyone trust sending you a consignment, knowing that if they are not happy with their purchase or you sell an item for them, you might get desperate enough, and spend their money on yourself and not be able to refund them or pay them? Please understand this is a rhetorical question. Your admitted actions have already answered this question for you. While I certainly have no right to judge you, your actions once again, speak louder than any words you might say.

I'll answer this for you. Yes I've spent the money that the government gave me and I already listed all the things I tried to do but you seemed to have missed that. I have received money from people multiple times and never spent it oh and guess what? I've had situations where I could have but didn't. Unlike others I don't hide nor glorify my mistakes I own up to them.

So you needed government assistance while living with your parents to pay them rent?

Yes because they charged me rent no matter what and if I didn't pay they would kick me out.

Well, to my understanding, you cannot claim to the government that you need money for rent if you are living with relatives....in fact, the government encourages you get assistance from family, before taking advantage of government services.

Just my understanding, I haven't actually had to get welfare, although people seem to think that on themselves.

Well, to my understanding, you cannot claim to the government that you need money for rent if you are living with relatives....in fact, the government encourages you get assistance from family, before taking advantage of government services.

Just my understanding, I haven't actually had to get welfare, although people seem to think that on themselves.

My (limited) understanding of Ontario Works (OW) is that if a recipient is living at home with his/her parents they may not receive the "shelter" component of the allowance. However, there are exceptions, such as the recipient paying rent to his/her parents is a 'pre-condition' for a recipient to be able to stay at home. Again, I do not work for OW but just what I was able to read so I don't know if it is 100% factual...Regardless, the actual requirements and stipulations would have been established up by Gabe and his (former) case worker.

Good thing you got lots of money to buy new cell phones.

Only one and it's an investment.

Ya you've tried to justify it so you can "respond quicker to ebayers". Seeing as how you need wifi you won't be responding while working will you? If so why are you responding during work and not working? If not do you think it makes much difference if you respond at say 5pm when you get home from work and check your emails and once at 11pm when you go to bed?

How many questions/responses in a month do you get on ebay? Seeing how you haven't sold anything since Oct 22nd I don't think response time is your issue. You can continue to try and justify the spending though ;)

I'll answer this for you. Yes I've spent the money that the government gave me and I already listed all the things I tried to do but you seemed to have missed that. I have received money from people multiple times and never spent it oh and guess what? I've had situations where I could have but didn't. Unlike others I don't hide nor glorify my mistakes I own up to them.

1h1bjp.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Is his admission here enough to get him put in the hall of shame?

It honestly might be the best thing to happen to him if it is...

I understand the reasoning for the above sentiment and I too would like to see Gabe STOP "dealing" in collectibles and get his personal life sorted out and focus on the really important things but I doubt that will happen any time soon, whether it be due learning disability/mental health issue, laziness or whatever.

I don't know if or how he could be nominated to the HOS and it is probably not an appropriate option at this point. To my knowledge, the only person he has hurt is himself and he hasn't actually ripped anyone off. All he said was that he could have stolen (but didn't) and that he inappropriately used some social assistance money, which he is on a repayment plan and it is being taken care of through an appropriate administrative process.

Based on his shaky financial status and other issues, is it possible that he could rip someone off or things could go off the rails in the future and have another "Chip" situation on our hands? Sure. However, I don't think we can put him on a list like that for an offence he has not actually committed. I also imagine that Gabe is on A LOT of personal "do not deal" with lists anyway...

2c

He hasn't actually ripped anyone off yet, or anyone here....

Best thing to do is just point people to this thread if they want to buy a book he is selling. They can make their own judgements whether or not to deal with him. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near

I don't know the situation but this was a month before when my own money was running low and I have my own separate apartment.

My (limited) understanding of Ontario Works (OW) is that if a recipient is living at home with his/her parents they may not receive the "shelter" component of the allowance. However, there are exceptions, such as the recipient paying rent to his/her parents is a 'pre-condition' for a recipient to be able to stay at home. Again, I do not work for OW but just what I was able to read so I don't know if it is 100% factual...Regardless, the actual requirements and stipulations would have been established up by Gabe and his (former) case worker.

Yes before I got assistance my parents separated from me so that I can get assistance and I told my case worker that.

8 8