• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:
2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I find Minnie Driver to be downright attractive.  No "semi" about it.  :luhv:

1tcrcw.jpg

:whatthe:

On 7/20/2017 at 9:43 PM, Fiddy said:

Sounds like the employer was getting 12 weeks of free help from the employment office, but once the employer found out it was only for 2 weeks and they had to pay for 50% of the Gabe's pay for the remainder of the period, the employer took him off the schedule.(shrug)

Correct

On 7/28/2017 at 11:15 AM, revat said:

this sounds about right.  The $3.50 question is.... who is responsible for the misunderstanding?? The government, the employer, or our would-be hero?

Any chance the OP can just pull a Goodwill Hunting and leave it all behind (this journal, the comics and video games, dysfunctional family, generational poverty) to chase a semi-attractive British girl to the West Coast and just start over fresh?  I don't know if it will make things better, but I'm pretty sure it won't make them worse.

There was no misunderstanding on my part he wasn't supposed to take me off the schedule regardless because everything was in the contract.

1 hour ago, uchiha101 said:

There was no misunderstanding on my part he wasn't supposed to take me off the schedule regardless because everything was in the contract.

Are you sure? - not being mean , but you tend to miss or gloss over details at times. 

I would be willing to bet that the pay provision were in there,  but not a full guarantee of 12 weeks employment.  The forts two weeks are probably a trial for the employer to see if they want to continue. 

I do not know how the legal system works up there, but a guaranteed contract like you describe being broken in the states would be followed very quickly by a lawsuit and quick settlement.  

1 hour ago, W16227 said:

Are you sure? - not being mean , but you tend to miss or gloss over details at times. 

I would be willing to bet that the pay provision were in there,  but not a full guarantee of 12 weeks employment.  The forts two weeks are probably a trial for the employer to see if they want to continue. 

I do not know how the legal system works up there, but a guaranteed contract like you describe being broken in the states would be followed very quickly by a lawsuit and quick settlement.  

Maybe they have something in the contract that states the employer can let the employee go if they don't work out.  I've taken on several people that the city/state paid for but had to let some go due to service issues or theft.  The contract we had was with the agency, not the employer, so if one person didn't work out then they would replace that person with someone else.  I've worked with a couple agencies and usually they would pay 120 hours for high school kids, and 3 months for adults with special needs.  

1 hour ago, Fiddy said:

Maybe they have something in the contract that states the employer can let the employee go if they don't work out.  I've taken on several people that the city/state paid for but had to let some go due to service issues or theft.  The contract we had was with the agency, not the employer, so if one person didn't work out then they would replace that person with someone else.  I've worked with a couple agencies and usually they would pay 120 hours for high school kids, and 3 months for adults with special needs.  

This is what I was thinking...

and a quick edit here - for Gabe - this is one of those opportunities for you to get feedback

email the manager - ask POLITELY why you were removed - state that you are trying to improve you chances for future positions and what to know key areas where you did not perform well

Hopefully the person will be honest and you will act on the feedback. A face to face visit may be better for feedback as long as you are HUMBLE and behave as you are seeking advice......

Edited by W16227

7 hours ago, W16227 said:

This is what I was thinking...

and a quick edit here - for Gabe - this is one of those opportunities for you to get feedback

email the manager - ask POLITELY why you were removed - state that you are trying to improve you chances for future positions and what to know key areas where you did not perform well

Hopefully the person will be honest and you will act on the feedback. A face to face visit may be better for feedback as long as you are HUMBLE and behave as you are seeking advice......

Wonderful advice.

On 9/14/2017 at 8:31 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

No update in a while.  How's everything been going?

Well, nothing has sold yet so there is no update to be had but I did put up two comics on consignment at my lcs.

Comics update

New Gods 7

Betty and me 16

1 hour ago, uchiha101 said:

Like I said last time I don't update this journal anymore until I sell something. 

So you haven't sold a book in 3 months.  Have you been working?  Applying for jobs?  Doing something to improve yourself?

On 2/22/2018 at 12:18 PM, jaybuck43 said:

So you haven't sold a book in 3 months.  Have you been working?  Applying for jobs?  Doing something to improve yourself?

I sold a comic book which I will add later, I'm working on getting a family doctor, my disability tested,  and getting a job that will be best for me depending on those results.

8 8